Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ground Penetrating Radar

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Oct 2004

Re: Ground Penetrating Radar

A big THANKS to both you Jeff's

Dinkydick

peg legged

I am a serious Treasure Hunter and have been been for over 50 years.
    This is my problem. I KNOW within 25,000 square feet where gold bars were dropped. But there is 4 feet of mud and 7 feet of sand below 4 feet of running water.
    I have heard most of the Pros and Cons about GPR's and the like.
    My question is this.
    WHAT WORKS?
    The gold is in bars and with a total weight of 1200 pounds. It cannot go any deeper than 12 feet due to hardpan.
    Now what do you reccomend?
    Thanks
    Peg Leg

Dec 2004

Yep Donna, is RIGHT save your money folks! There is not a single GPR. GPP Gee wiz that willl discriminate properly. I had a friend use one and it said GOLD AH but it was IRON! BP

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2003
    Northern Hemisphere
    117 times
    Cache Hunting

It's been around for years. (unfortunately for me ------------- and you)

http://www.sandia.gov/radar/whatis.html

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2003
    Northern Hemisphere
    117 times
    Cache Hunting

why would you go through all that effort to deploy this technology from hilltops?

It would be akin to using a fish finder from the river bank!

Home of the Arc-Geo Logger imaging systems... As seen on the History Channel

Dec 2005
    Louisiana
    Arc-Geo Logger-TM-808-Garrett XL500-Deepstar
    3 times

I just got back from the treasure show in Fort Worth. I am amazed what Mr. Bob Brewer has told me about using the Arc-Geo and the depth of target. If I am allowed I will post the information here. If not I will have it on my site soon. This is measured depth. Also mineralized soil post little problem for the Arc-Geo and TM-808!

Tim

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11808 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

HOLA TIM: Post or em me.

jcurry@podigy.net.mx
    RealdeTayopa@hotmail.com

Till Eulensppiegle de La Mancha
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

peg legged

Years ago I was talking with a man that designed Detectors for the Navy at the Space Center. He said that I should construct a very large COIL-4ft x 8 ft. and put it between 2 sheets of plywood and seal the coil in.
    He said that the power to operate this device was a 12 volt car battery. He had a heart attack and never finished the thing and his wife through eveything away.
    I recall the old 2 BOX detector but it produced radition and was using a 12 volt car battery. The boxes were on a pole about 4 feet apart BUT did go very deep.
    Is there anything out there like this or can anyone construct such a thing?
    Thanks

Mar 2005
    Greece

peg legged :
    If you have time and want to find it, use an EM-83.
    EM like Electro Magnetic
    Old technology but going deep in earth (max 60 meters)
    Price around $ 6000.

peg legged

Thanks for the info. I will look into this-I am just va country boy and know nothing about electric stuff. I could sell a couple of my Gold Escudos and go from there.

Jake4545

GPR works well as does Magnetometers. Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) is an ultra-wideband imaging technique used for subsurface exploration and monitoring. It is widely used for locating utility lines; monitoring pavement, runways, and walls for soundness and thickness; search and rescue; archaeological exploration; forensic examinations; mining; ice sounding; detecting unexploded land mines and bombs; agricultural applications; groundwater studies; permafrost, void, cave and tunnel detection; location of sinkholes, karst, subsidence areas; and many other similar applications.

The beauty of GPR is that it is non-invasive, relatively inexpensive, and can be used in a variety of ways -- there are hand-held units, downhole units, units that can be dragged behind vehicles, and even used from aircraft and satellite. It has the highest resolution of any subsurface imaging method (sometimes with resolutions of one centimeter), and is far safer than x-ray technology.

The Rover Deluxe a GPR and Magnetometer mix is based on electro-magnetic impulse technology, attached with a discrimination disk that is capable of discriminating different metals like Gold, Silver, Steel and Iron. In this way the equipment is capable of recognizing many different subsurface structures. In addition to other things natural occurrences such as soil layers, ground-water level, cavities, burial places or buried objects such as pipes, tanks, crates and more. The Rover Deluxe has a built-in magnetometer, which can penetrate up to 2m in favorable ground conditions on larger targets, a Scan function which can detect objects up to depths of 18m. With the integrated frequency discriminator, use in strongly mineralized soils is possible. In order to recognize concrete forms, the user must proceed with an exact grid pattern. The main advantage of the equipment, is that it is particularly well suited for use in very uneven areas. Soil recognition, approximate depth measurement and data storage are accomplished by the microprocessor-controlled system automatically. The evaluation takes place comfortably at the computer, where the scanned area is displayed and the proper soil type is intered that gives a three-dimensional image which can be analyzed.

I have one and it works well.
    vince76 likes this.

Mar 2005
    Greece

Jake4545, Are you selling Rover ?
    You speak like a sellman !
    I have one device and never can find the targets that I put in ground ... even very big one !
    I am computer engineer ... and have study geology.
    A friend of mine has one ... and will be very happy to find something ... for years
    It is a fake ... this my own conclusion ...
    Keep selling .... !

Jake4545

No I am no sales men. And yes, I do have a Rover Deluxe as with other types of Geophysical equipment. The Rover Deluxe works well. It dosn't work as a metal detector does. A grid must be walked while scaning to get a picture of the subsurface area you are exploring, to find any anomalies, or differances in patterns in soil layers. The grid walked can't be broken in any way, as with turring around or changing direction. The soil type must be entered correctly, as well as knowing how to read your data that's collected. Think of it, viewing your data I mean. First scan a area undisturbed, then find a place that has been disturbed, dug in, moved, etc. View the differences. Useing this type of equipment is not about sound but that of differances in contour. Think of it as looking at a topographic map. It's contour lines. Now add disturbance, soil layers, and water absorbtion. Practice makes perfect. Jake4545

Jake4545

The Person doing a scan must be the one discriminating different metals, such as gold, Iron, Etc. This way you can't fail in your discriminations. 8)

Jake4545

I haven't had any problems with GPR in clay. You have to calculate soil types to get proper data.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links