Doing Due Diligence on Future Series Rover C- Anyone have one?

ureka

Mar 23, 2005
I am considering purchasing a "Rover C" Electromagnetic Ground Phase Reader (GPR?) from Future Treasure.

I have a significant investment in three other systems from another mfr. and before I drop another 10K, I have been trying to find current owners/users to get some field feedback. In a perfect world, I would love to demo or rent a unit from a fellow cache guy.

Any feedback?

Does this system work as advertised? Would you reccommend another?

Any help would be super!

Newberry

dulak

Greenie
Mar 15, 2005
Greece
ureka said:
I am considering purchasing a "Rover C" Electromagnetic Ground Phase Reader (GPR?) from Future Treasure.?

I have a significant investment in three other systems from another mfr. and before I drop another 10K, I have been trying to find current owners/users to get some field feedback.? In a perfect world, I would love to demo or rent a unit from a fellow cache guy.

Any feedback?

Does this system work as advertised?? Would you reccommend another?

Any help would be super!

=======================
I got one two years ago and no way to find something with it !
I recommend you to keep your money to buy an other kind of equipment depending of your researchs.
DulaK

Newberry

Colorado

Greenie
Feb 2, 2004
I have many hours on the Future Series Walkabout which is a step up from the Rover C. Honestly it's a neat toy The only thing I use it for is to try to get a glimpse of the target that I had located. It's not very practical to actually locate something with it. But rather try to get a shape of what you have allready found by other means. If you want to e-mail me I could go into more in depth as to what works best for me.

N

Nikkos

Hi,

I'm using eXp 3000, a newer device from the Future Series, for a while now. In the first place I was disappointed but now I know how to work with this piece of equipment and I'm excited. Last month I found some good stuff. I by myself think the people have problems in using the device but if you know how it can do amazing things for you.

Before I bought the device they give me a demonstration.

C

chard

Don't be fooled by a clever name. It's not GPR in any way. All the EM devices are just measuring changes in the local magnetic field. Solid science but you have to know what your doing and how its actually taking readings.

Definately get a demonstration on the type of targets you will be hunting for before buying something. Unfortuantly in this world its their responsibility to sale you something, it's yours to make sure it actually does what you need it to.

Treseekr

Tenderfoot
Oct 26, 2004
St.Maarten NA/S.FL/
Detector(s) used
whites,minelab,gssi,okm,deepers,jwfisher
Hi, Purchased a Rover C Deluxe this year. Have only had it in the field a couple of times. The biggest drawback I've had is downloading the scans to a computer once you have done the scan.The unit does not hold info for multipul scans,this can become a real hassle when your out in the middle of nowhere which is usually the case. I found myself running back to car over & over to download the scans from the Rover to my laptop which I had plugged into my cig lighter to keep the battery charged up on my laptop. Of course you can purchase multipul memory modules to save scans, but this is quite a expense also. Think I'll be looking into one of the real time display units & selling this Rover in the quite near future.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread