Resistivity meter - Quatroforce

Martin999

Jul 29, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to use resistivity meter in an area with forest where the Lorenz Deepmax Z1 has difficulties to go because of the trees.
Quatroforce geophysical locators gold detectors by GDI

I have no experience with resistivity meters and user experience is important before I buy anything.
Can anyone tell me more about the performance of the Quatroforce or similar resistivity meters?
How do these resistivity meters perform in dry or wet sand?, or in sand with a lot of boulder?
Can I detect an iron object of about 15 kg at 2.5 to 3.5 meters depth?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any resistivity meter that claims to have target ID is probably crapola. The concept of plugging probes in the ground and getting a "gold" readout is just make-believe. Resistivity doesn't work that way.

The Quatroforce looks to be the same as the junk sold by Kellyco and Accurate Locators, what I call "poor-man resistivity meters." They are not true Wenner-style 4-probe designs like you need for good results, they are just 2-probe design masquerading as 4. If you get a res-meter, get a true 4-probe force/sense that does data logging and mapping, that's the only way they are any use at all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread