Affordable magnetometer for land use. Opinions.

Leones Corazon

Mar 26, 2006
Grand Junction Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808
Equinox 800
Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Other
https://www.ebay.com/itm/EM2-EARTH-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Ran across this on ebay and i like the set up. Working in oil and gas i am familiar with nT's. I don't generally see a swing in nT's with my tool unless we get within 8-10 ft of something we shouldn't be ie: another well.

Since this will tell me that there is metal in the ground i will assume that the depth would be similiar. Or should i go a different route?

DW

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What type of country and soil conditions are you going to be using this equipment for if i may ask and in what type of area mountain, desert, plains,

OP
OP
Leones Corazon

Leones Corazon

Mar 26, 2006
Grand Junction Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808
Equinox 800
Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Other
Western Colorado...i am sure you are familiar with our terra firma. High desert. Some mountains...mostly sand stone.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am currently trying a process invented by a man that has the post[ A guide to vault treasure hunting] on this forum. The process is real affordable and you can read all about it on his post what its about is capturing auras that are given off by photon burst from gas emitted by the metal when it heats underground. He explains the whole process in detail on his thread. What i am having some problem with is i am at 10,000 feet and a lot of trees and it takes time to capture one on my site it is not easy to get to but if you have easy access i think this is defiantly worth a try.The price of a GPR or a LRK are outrageous and this is a real affordable way and he and others have been using it with success.

Signman

Feb 14, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://www.ebay.com/itm/EM2-EARTH-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Ran across this on ebay and i like the set up. Working in oil and gas i am familiar with nT's. I don't generally see a swing in nT's with my tool unless we get within 8-10 ft of something we shouldn't be ie: another well.

Since this will tell me that there is metal in the ground i will assume that the depth would be similiar. Or should i go a different route?

DW

Early on I tried going the cheap route with a fluxgate magnetometer and it didn't take long and I spent the money for a proton precession mag. And this statement is why:

"This is a vector magnetometer so the direction of the field (as well as strength) can be determined (but see full description; this feature requires a longer time per measurement)."

I would hardly call this a feature.
Good luck,
Signman

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Early on I tried going the cheap route with a fluxgate magnetometer and it didn't take long and I spent the money for a proton precession mag. And this statement is why:

"This is a vector magnetometer so the direction of the field (as well as strength) can be determined (but see full description; this feature requires a longer time per measurement)."

I would hardly call this a feature.
Good luck,
Signman

Welcome to Tnet signman from Western Colorado thanks for the info were you using the GEM.

Last edited:

Signman

Feb 14, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet signman from Western Colorado thanks for the info were you using the GEM.

Hi cyzak, My first proton mag was a Geometrics G856AX. Now I also own a Gem Systems Overhauser gradiometer and a Sharptronics MAG-01 proton gradiometer as well. Luckily I got a great deal on the Gem Overhauser. I thought from the literature that it was going to be way better than the proton mags but it wasn't. It wouldn't be worth the extra money if someone had to pay full price for those magnetometers to go with the Overhauser in my opinion and experience. It does sample faster but the output is not as stable as the proton mags. The Sharptronics MAG-01 is my favorite to use of the 3 units.

Out where I'm searching for this treasure is very highly mineralized. I had to modify my pulse metal detector to work out there and the mag readings vary by 100 or 200 nanoteslas in just 15 or 20 feet distance. A drone mounted GPR sounds like the answer but doesn't look like many options are available.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the Gem and sold it was an eradicate device and hard to maneuver with I am currently looking at a Golden King DPR but looks real fragile and heavy for what I need it for. I believe I am going to try a Garrett ATX because of distance to travel to site and how compact it is and also not very heavy I know it will be real limited on depth with it

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread