Looking For A Partner / Geologist (Baffin Island Prospecting)

Baffles

Apr 15, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

Spring of 2020 am moving to Iqaluit on Baffin Island and will be doing some prospecting. The Island is vast and largely unexplored with some very interesting finds and recent geophysical surveys and sampling coming out of the area. I am looking for a geologist would be willing to work with me in identifying high interest target areas for both gold and Gemstone such as sapphire, and spinel based on currently available maps, surveys and samples such as stream waters.

You are not required to prospect with me, though of course you would be welcome to if you wanted.

This is not paid unless of course we find something. I am also not an experienced prospector but I am an experienced outdoorsman and have spent a great amount of time in the bush and in remote locations, I know what I am doing in that regard. There will only be time and money for a couple of weeks worth of prospecting summer 2020 so really need to make them count as much as possible. If you want to discuss it with me send me a PM, I would be happy to chat over the phone or even have a face to face.

I currently live in north QC, Canada.

I have been studying maps and learning about geological features and rocks that may indicate interesting spots in that area as well as checking the geology of known finds and mines so I know what gemstones and golds are typically associated with. Though as a prospector I am inexperienced by the time I get on the ground I will have a pretty good idea of what to look for. I will also be taking in a drone to help me pinpoint interesting local areas.

Last edited:

EKG

Mar 19, 2017
From Germany but in South America at the moment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Fisher Jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

Spring of 2020 am moving to Iqaluit on Baffin Island and will be doing some prospecting. The Island is vast and largely unexplored with some very interesting finds and recent geophysical surveys and sampling coming out of the area. I am looking for a geologist would be willing to work with me in identifying high interest target areas for both gold and Gemstone such as sapphire, and spinel based on currently available maps, surveys and samples such as stream waters.

You are not required to prospect with me, though of course you would be welcome to if you wanted.

This is not paid unless of course we find something. I am also not an experienced prospector but I am an experienced outdoorsman and have spent a great amount of time in the bush and in remote locations, I know what I am doing in that regard. There will only be time and money for a couple of weeks worth of prospecting summer 2020 so really need to make them count as much as possible. If you want to discuss it with me send me a PM, I would be happy to chat over the phone or even have a face to face.

I currently live in north QC, Canada.

I have been studying maps and learning about geological features and rocks that may indicate interesting spots in that area as well as checking the geology of known finds and mines so I know what gemstones and golds are typically associated with. Though as a prospector I am inexperienced by the time I get on the ground I will have a pretty good idea of what to look for. I will also be taking in a drone to help me pinpoint interesting local areas.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baffin_Island.

Good luck

Samanthy

Apr 22, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White‘s Sierra Madre
White‘s TM–600
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The one great advantage you will have is to be able to see all the rock - no vegetation ! The great disadvantage is that it’s extremely remote and therefore an expensive place to operate in ! Good Luck!

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EK, try mexico. may be able to help there tayopa1767@gmail .jpgintrusive faulting.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread