Looking For A Partner / Geologist (Baffin Island Prospecting)
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Baffles

Thread: Looking For A Partner / Geologist (Baffin Island Prospecting)

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Apr 2019
    8 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Looking For A Partner / Geologist (Baffin Island Prospecting)

Hi All,

Spring of 2020 am moving to Iqaluit on Baffin Island and will be doing some prospecting. The Island is vast and largely unexplored with some very interesting finds and recent geophysical surveys and sampling coming out of the area. I am looking for a geologist would be willing to work with me in identifying high interest target areas for both gold and Gemstone such as sapphire, and spinel based on currently available maps, surveys and samples such as stream waters.

You are not required to prospect with me, though of course you would be welcome to if you wanted.

This is not paid unless of course we find something. I am also not an experienced prospector but I am an experienced outdoorsman and have spent a great amount of time in the bush and in remote locations, I know what I am doing in that regard. There will only be time and money for a couple of weeks worth of prospecting summer 2020 so really need to make them count as much as possible. If you want to discuss it with me send me a PM, I would be happy to chat over the phone or even have a face to face.

I currently live in north QC, Canada.

I have been studying maps and learning about geological features and rocks that may indicate interesting spots in that area as well as checking the geology of known finds and mines so I know what gemstones and golds are typically associated with. Though as a prospector I am inexperienced by the time I get on the ground I will have a pretty good idea of what to look for. I will also be taking in a drone to help me pinpoint interesting local areas.
    Last edited by Baffles; Apr 15, 2019 at 12:33 PM.
    Blak bart and Real of Tayopa like this.

ge
    Gold Miner and Treasure Hunter

Mar 2017
    South America
    Minelab Fisher Jeohunter
    49 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
    Hi All,

Spring of 2020 am moving to Iqaluit on Baffin Island and will be doing some prospecting. The Island is vast and largely unexplored with some very interesting finds and recent geophysical surveys and sampling coming out of the area. I am looking for a geologist would be willing to work with me in identifying high interest target areas for both gold and Gemstone such as sapphire, and spinel based on currently available maps, surveys and samples such as stream waters.

You are not required to prospect with me, though of course you would be welcome to if you wanted.

This is not paid unless of course we find something. I am also not an experienced prospector but I am an experienced outdoorsman and have spent a great amount of time in the bush and in remote locations, I know what I am doing in that regard. There will only be time and money for a couple of weeks worth of prospecting summer 2020 so really need to make them count as much as possible. If you want to discuss it with me send me a PM, I would be happy to chat over the phone or even have a face to face.

I currently live in north QC, Canada.

I have been studying maps and learning about geological features and rocks that may indicate interesting spots in that area as well as checking the geology of known finds and mines so I know what gemstones and golds are typically associated with. Though as a prospector I am inexperienced by the time I get on the ground I will have a pretty good idea of what to look for. I will also be taking in a drone to help me pinpoint interesting local areas.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baffin_Island.

Good luck
    Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno.

us
    Samantha

Apr 2018
    Phoenix, Arizona
    White‘s Sierra Madre White‘s TM–600
    126 times
    Cache Hunting
    The one great advantage you will have is to be able to see all the rock - no vegetation ! The great disadvantage is that it’s extremely remote and therefore an expensive place to operate in ! Good Luck!

it
    Sep 2016
    Mexico
    7739 times
    EK, try mexico. may be able to help there tayopa1767@gmailClick image for larger version. 

Name:	.jpgintrusive faulting.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	1722356

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links