Gold carrying quartz vein detection????

rluckadoo

Nov 26, 2009
Ingram, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Gold Bug II, Keene 4" dredge, Keene 3" Hibanker/Dredge Combo
With the price of gold on the rise, thought it might be helpful to start a thread discussing the best geophysical techniques to locate and map gold carrying quartz veins in-situ. The veins on my claims also carry a lot of hematite and limonite (which is where most of the gold is located). Any thoughts on the best geophysical techniques to locate some veins the old timers missed???

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Turns out there is a way. I came across a website named "Wyoming Jewelry Arts" that describes a discovery this person made. They found that Quartz when radiated with a microwave signal acts like a non-linear junction and will itself then radiate harmonics of the frequency of the microwave signal. He also said that if there is a gold vein in the quartz it will give off harmonics. Go to ebay and type in "[FONT=&quot]Portable RF spectrum analyzer Arinst SSA-TG R2s with tracking generator 6.2 GHz" and there's your spectrum analyzer you'll need to see the harmonics which costs $370. On ebay type "[FONT=&quot]3A736B Microwave Gunn Oscillator diode GaAs 5.0 - 18.0 GHz 20mW" and there's the oscillator for $11 for your microwave transmitter. You need to find a ham operator club and see if one of the people there could help you build a hand held transmitter with this diode. You need one or two amplifier stages plus a home made microwave dish. I know this is a pain but this is a cheap as it gets for what you're trying to accomplish.[/FONT][/FONT]

Apr 2, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turns out there is a way. I came across a website named "Wyoming Jewelry Arts" that describes a discovery this person made. They found that Quartz when radiated with a microwave signal acts like a non-linear junction and will itself then radiate harmonics of the frequency of the microwave signal. He also said that if there is a gold vein in the quartz it will give off harmonics. Go to ebay and type in "[FONT="]Portable RF spectrum analyzer Arinst SSA-TG R2s with tracking generator 6.2 GHz" and there's your spectrum analyzer you'll need to see the harmonics which costs $370. On ebay type "[COLOR=#333333][FONT="]3A736B Microwave Gunn Oscillator diode GaAs 5.0 - 18.0 GHz 20mW" and there's the oscillator for $11 for your microwave transmitter. You need to find a ham operator club and see if one of the people there could help you build a hand held transmitter with this diode. You need one or two amplifier stages plus a home made microwave dish. I know this is a pain but this is a cheap as it gets for what you're trying to accomplish.[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]

Do you think you could link to the "Wyoming Jewelry Arts" page? I tried searching and couldn't find anything.

Its an interesting idea, and I know I have heard of something like this method before but I can't think of where.

geowizard

Greenie
Apr 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Resistivity in Geophysics;

Various time proven methods that measure resistivity have been around for most of the past century.

Skip the non-sensical "locators".

Do some due-diligence on the "real deal". The modern world including geophysical methods like DIGHEM - an electromagnetic method backed by science has been around for several decades. With advances in technology, electromagnetic methods are making discoveries every day - all over the world. You don't have to look very far for examples either.

I'm planning on a series of "fact based" posts on the electromagnetic method(s) in coming days. Topics will include VLF frequency domain and Pulse Time Domain methods that are REAL. They are repeatable, peer reviewed, based on science, and anyone can do it!

Stick around! There's more! :)

- Geowizard

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm no expert but sample, crush, pan is pretty cheap and effective. We should be striving for the next level of tech innovation but tried and true is always reliable. You've got me thinking now. I'll be looking into the science with an electrical engineer friend of mine who loves stuff like this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread