EM Equipment THAT WORKS for Cache Hunting...

Black Cloud

May 22, 2006
Thanks for the input. I tried the surfer, which is probably the most used in this field, but at the time I didn't know how to start. Tim Williams introduced me to the RockWorks99 and he even tweaked it to fit my particular application, so that has worked well for me. I don't even pretend to be a geologist or know how to read these images, but I can certainly see an anamoly, or any drastic changes in the resistivity / conductivity. That's probably going to be sufficient for what I am doing, although I would love to put this unit to work and make some extra money doing soil contamination surveys or whatever. I was hoping someone would see the post and contact me for some help with their particular project. I would think that someone on this site would be interested in your equipment. You might have to fly out and teach them how to use it, but you may want to anyway, to avoid all the prompts later. I have always wanted to team up with a few very serious hunters and attack a real documented location. Using several different types of locaters, and ideas I think success would come. Our biggest problem is the absence of the treasure. I really believe most are gone by now. I am locally known for my interest and I get calls from time to time that sound viable, but after two or three days of hard work and my expense, another empty hole. I liked John Wayne and Chuck Kenworthy's idea of putting an ad in a local newspaper to buy old treasure maps, then when they came forth, have them tested for age (the paper) They found 3 or 4 treasures down in Mexico that way. Some people may actually have a legit story and just don't know it or not know how to start the process of recovery. I personally have one that I have been looking for nearly 30 years now and would love to get it over with and move on down the road. Now that I feel that I have the proper equipment, and can put it to work, accessability to the property becomes a problem. Always something, isn't it? Sorry I got off the EM subject - Basically I'd much rather see a picture of whats below me than just hear a beep, so I think the EM's certainly have the advantage.

99thpercentile

Nov 2, 2006
Evergreen, CO
Detector(s) used
Geonics EM61-MK2, Geophex GEM-3, GapEOD UltraTEM III, Minelabs F3, Foerster MINEX 2FD 4.500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that I have PDF's of all of the Geonics manuals, I'll check my desktop computer later. Send me you email address and which ones you want.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIO 99 , Black cloud, etc. nice to see that there is still life and interest in these instruments, post away please.

Tropical Tramp..

p.s., I have an older Discovery 900 and an even older 3-D which I am going to use for experimetal purposes with the surfer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread