Whitepath area in Gilmer Co.

jwr_ellijay

Jul 21, 2009
I live only 5 miles from the whitepath area and was wondering if anyone has ever had any luck MD'ing for gold around there. also anyone live close enough to get together because I could sure use the experience of someone that's savy.
besides a few pieces of clad I have only managed to unearth soda cans and pop tops. My father gave me his old Garret GTAX 1000 that he never used and I have been trying to get the hang of using it mainly with trial and error and what tips I could dig up on the web.

I havnt had any luck yet but I really enjoy the hunt. I'm hooked

rflesher

Sep 17, 2015
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATC 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have not MD any gold but have prospected the creek some......hit me up we can talk
I live only 5 miles from the whitepath area and was wondering if anyone has ever had any luck MD'ing for gold around there. also anyone live close enough to get together because I could sure use the experience of someone that's savy.
besides a few pieces of clad I have only managed to unearth soda cans and pop tops. My father gave me his old Garret GTAX 1000 that he never used and I have been trying to get the hang of using it mainly with trial and error and what tips I could dig up on the web.

I havnt had any luck yet but I really enjoy the hunt. I'm hooked

Lingerfelt

Greenie
Jun 27, 2014
North Georgia Mtns
Primary Interest:
Other
I live in Cherry Log. My house sits directly next to Little Rock Creek. I am about 2 miles from where the largest gold nugget in Georgia history was found near the white path mine. I have just recently started gold hunting and have obtained a sluice box, A 12 and 16 inch gold pan as well A turbo pan and a mine lab metal detector. I am extremely new to this any help either of you could offer would be extremely helpful. Thank you

Lofreco

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2011
Cumming, GA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark and Compadre Metal Detectors
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am about one hour from Ellijay/Whitepath area. I have private access to a creek in the White Path area. Do you think it is worth prospecting for gold there with a pan/sluice box?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread