Georgia > Savannah > Beach Hunting?

lidigger

Sep 4, 2010
Savannah, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, White's BeachHunter 300, White's Prizm IV, White's Bullseye II Pointer (x2)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

I just moved to Savannah and I am eager to get out to the beaches and hunt, but before I do that, I'd like to check to see what the regulations are in this area. Back where I am from, (Long Island), we had to purchase an annual MD permit to hunt.

I am also looking to meet up with any local detectorists and/or any local clubs and would appreciate any information.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last I knew, Chris, one could beach hunt on Tybee Island. I'd check with local officials on the island first. Savannah itself is full of old parks and historic places, but I have no idea of rules/regulations. Private property you can probably hunt if you have permission. I would imagine many sites are "off limits", being on the register of National Historic Sites. Also, many of the Victorian sites are in BAD neighborhoods. Tote a gun if you go there. Check with the city Parks and Recreation Department. ALL National Wildlife Refuges and GA Wildlife Management Areas are "off limits" to metal detecting. If LEO catches you detecting there, they'll bust your buns. I'm about 40 miles south of Savannah. If you want to hook up for a cup of coffee or a cold one and talk some Southern History, lemme know, but I usually only go to Sav for VA appointments, sometimes for a show or concert at the Civic Center or Johnny Mercer Theater, so you'll probably have to take a ride to talk with me. I'm retired, and usually at home. PM for phone/location ~ I don't put that info out in the nether world, nor do I share other's info.
Robin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread