whats the real deal on ga hunting?

bigscrub

Jul 10, 2005
brandon,fla
Detector(s) used
minelab ex 2, wot,and joey coils, garrett deepseeker,whites 6000 di pro
hello all...im heading up to ga ,blairsville area sunday morn....be there a couple days and then to longcreek area for some rafting...then on to fayetteville for a few more days....can i hunt the city parks ,schools, ect with out a problem......or is that not ok there in ga...anyone from these areas on here got a suggestion for places to hunt?...i thought i read somewhere on here that you have to know somebody...and can only hunt private property....? i just got a wot and joey coil for my ex 2 and im hopeing to use it!

OP
OP
bigscrub

bigscrub

Jul 10, 2005
brandon,fla
Detector(s) used
thanks dobie...most all of the schools down here in central fla are fenced, are they up that way as well?

OP
OP
bigscrub

bigscrub

Jul 10, 2005
brandon,fla
Detector(s) used
hey doobie ,went to dahlonega gold museum today was really cool...they had a full set of the gold coins that were minted while the mint was in operation.....made my mouth water...lol they told me their schools are all fenced,and when i asked about mding...they said not in the national forest....my daughter bought her a bag of dirt and a pan...there at the museum ,we watched a film about the gold rush days of dahlonega...she saw all the gold they were panning...lol...they told her what creeks she could pan ect i think dicks creek and bogg creek was named...she said hey dad...can you run your detector in the shallow creek and help me find a good place to pan?......had me thinkin....lol...i told her no, they wont let me...oh well...chip off the old block....thats my girl...! i think she got the "gold fever" watchin the film...off to clayton area in the morn for chatooga river and our whitewater trip...then who knows...gotta find a place to use my joey and new wot coil...havnt even put the power to the wot yet....bigscrub

doobie

Aug 8, 2005
macon ga.
It sound like you all are have lot of funnnnnnnn in dahlonega gold museum We go in the fall time and to the apple fest I know you all will have funnnnnnnnn whitewater trip so you all have funnnnnnnnn If you come to macon ga it will be [no fenced] around schools or city parks, they are small towns up there. you all have a funnnnnnnn time
doobie :)

OP
OP
bigscrub

bigscrub

Jul 10, 2005
brandon,fla
Detector(s) used
thanks doobie.....thinkin were stayin in anderson tomarrow night....or maybe clemson...just may try macon on the way back to md....thanks

OP
OP
bigscrub

bigscrub

Jul 10, 2005
brandon,fla
Detector(s) used
hey there doobie,well im in your macon town now...lol at a macon welcome center they told me fort hawkins was being excavated and i might be able to hunt there and pick up artifacts....haha...said it was super old ect..also said there should be plenty of artifacts and indian stuff as well....they even marked it on the map for me off off riverside dr....well...i drove over there soon as we got settled ect....hell they got a fence tall as i am all around it and mention tours....haha...lmao....i figured it was just a little to good to be true ....and it was....anyways...so how about the schools and parks you mentioned here in macon....can you point me in the rite direction or give me the names to try to find...or maybe your up for a hunt in the morning....let me know...!If i hear back from you...ill send you an email with a cell #....have a good one....the white water chatooga trip was great and got some great pics to.....bigscrub

OP
OP
bigscrub

bigscrub

Jul 10, 2005
brandon,fla
Detector(s) used
the whitewater trip was fun...i put a pic from the trip on here for my pic...lol..as far as mding...wasnt so good...only hunted one church for a few minutes then left...went back to the ball park this morn...nobody asked us to leave today...i got another rosey...so that was ok....smile, bigscrub

doobie

Aug 8, 2005
macon ga.
that sound good in Macon at central city park baseball park the state fair well be 152 years, I fine a lot after the fair, good hunting. I hunted 2 days ago a old house down town a civil war col.Leroy Napier the largest contributor to the confederate army's loan fund. I found a few things I got to take a pic of it. The house was about 6 block form riverside dr.
hunt hard doobie

wcfields

Jul 5, 2007
Re: What's the real deal on Ga hunting?

I've lived in GA now for about 20 years and have yet to see another TH'er with a metal detector. I'd about decided there were none? Out of curiousity, how many out there are from Ga? I live in the north-metro area and wouldn't mind someone tagging along one day. I mainly coinshoot, but also collect my fair share of various other items, mostly garbage. At least I help keep the place clean. The last coin I found over 40 years old was.... I can't remember. Let's put it this way, I'm long overdue. I've come to the conclusion that there are no older coins in the ground in this state. Common sense tells me I'm dead wrong. Any Georgians have other opinions? Where (generally speaking) are the Atlanta area spots to try? (in a 40 mile radius, north of the city of Atlanta, that is)
thanks
wcfields

Hestercd

Greenie
Jul 12, 2006
Northwest, GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in NW GA. The Murray-Whitfield area. Rich in history! I'm up to hunting in the areas all around. But since you were looking for another TH'er with an MD, I'm one of them!

Thanks!

-Drew

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
im moving to Savannah Ga in 2 weeks! been hunting 40 years of my 60, LOL!

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
HI i am Kyle i live about 20 miles from macon. dubbie and worked together until i retired in July. Just another m/d from ga. stared in 1980

garrets250

Oct 19, 2007
at my school in cartersville ga cass the football feilds fenced and theres fences on some sides of the school.
by the way........
CASS beat cartersville!
BIG TIME!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread