Tifton , Moultrie, Area

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
MOULTRIE- OLD SPENCE AIR FIELD. GOOD PLACE TO HUNT. GO PASS WHERE YOU TURN TO GET TO SPENCE FIRLD. NOW IT IS THE AGR. CENTER. ABOUT 4 OR 5 MILES THERE IS A LAKE AND PARK ON THE RIGHT CANNOT REMEMBER THE NAME OF IT.

TIFTON HAS A FEW PLACES OTHER THAN THE SCHOOLS. ONE PARK IS ACROSS FROM THE OLD HOSPITAL.

HOPE THIS HELPS. I LIVE ABOUT 70 MILES FROM THERE NOW. HAVE A GREAT YEAR.

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
kdismuke1, I know where both of those places are. The old Spence air field area would be great since we have Expo out that way every October! Thanks for nudging my memory. I hadn't even thought about those places in Moultrie.
You have been a big help! No telling what I might find at the Expo area!!

HH,
Pepper

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
ocalasix said:
have friends in waycross area, working some old areas their family owns....gregg
Brings back memories, I was born in that area and remember some of the old places there.
You might try Sales City. 75 years ago there was an Ice Plant there,and a road that went off to the right if you are going south. It was on the corner. I was passing through there about 30 years ago and it was gone. I remember it as being a busy place so it should have some good beeps.
I ended up here in Texas after 1933, by the way I only had 42 Birthdays because I quit having them.
I hope to go prospecting in Arizona, about April if spring weather is OK

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not too sure of the counties, we live in FL, but we visit our friend who lives in waycross, i will be in and out of the forums this weekend, will be on chat over the weekend here as well...gregg

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
ocalasix, Thomas Co. Is Thomasville. Not far from the GA\FL state line.

jbow

Sep 24, 2005
Cartersville, GA
I grew up in Moultrie and my folks still live there. I get down there often but have not found a good place to hunt. I've tried around the old school and some old yards but things seem to have a really high sink rate there. I find newer clad 6" deep. Spence might be good though.
I know where a few old one room schools were.
If that is you in your avitar we can hunt anytime... laff.

J

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks.....may head up there sometime ..my fiance' and i are busy at the monet, but never know we have friends in ware county so we go there foten..six

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was in Tifton last week for a golf tournament. Took some time to hunt a local park and elementary school. The school really surprised me as I pulled 7.50 from it and most were quarters.

reapp

Nov 1, 2005
Knights Ferry Road in Valdosta crosses the Withlacoochee River between Lowndes and Brooks County, and as you would guess, a ferry was located there in the 1800's. I hunted arrowheads in the river a long time ago, and remember seeing where it was located. Lots of nice coral points in the water, too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread