Gold Panning in North East Georgia

pingdis

Jun 7, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Not yet.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Any of the creeks flowing into and around Allatoona Lake on Corps of Engineer property: the best creeks are on the southeast side of the lake; a few of the creeks are... Sixes, Blankets, Downing, Kellogg, Yacht Club, even the Etowah River below Allatoona Dam has some. Get a lake map that shows the creeks and the Corps property line and you're good to go.

mgibbs420

Jan 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i live in ellijay and am lookin for gold where is a good creek to start at for a beginner

Blskypilot

Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Infinium ls
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monger1711,

I've been lurking around the forum for a couple months and seeing your post got me to finally join. I live in barrow county, I've yet to come across anything up here yet but I suppose that doesn't mean it isn't out there. I've got a google earth file I came across a while back that showed mine locations in ga and there are 3-4 mines (you could click links and get usgs info on the mines) so iirc it was all placer deposits. I live right on the alcovy river if your looking for access and I've got a few spots that I've tried but so far mostly lead although it'd be nice for sure, that ride to dahlonega seems longer every time I go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread