Jekyll Island

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
NOT allowed! I look across from Saint Simons every day and wish i could hunt it.

but i talked to them and no detecting! not even on the beach.im trying to find out how far out in the Ocean they have controll.might hunt the water if allowed.what a shame to let all those items just sink in the sand!

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Moe, glad you ask this question. I was wondering myself.

OP
OP
Moe (fl)

Moe (fl)

Jul 25, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the responses.

I was thinking that at some point MD was allowed but the State must have changed that recently.

I heard that other GA islands allow MDing (i.e. St Simons, Tybee, etc).

Moe

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
yes,i live on Saint Simons and it is allowed here on the beach but not around the fort or Bloody Marsh Battle Field! and Sea Island is private ,the Island is gated and have no access.Tybee is ok to hunt. there are about 4 beach hunters here that hunt every week and keep it picked clean.LOL! hope the swimmers hurry back.

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jekyll is an absolute no-no. It's printed on the brochure you get when you drive onto the island. I've talked to the state cops who patrol out there, and even thought about doing some night hunting over the years, but didn't. Basically the cop said don't even think about it, and if you do think about it, don't do it.

babets

Jul 20, 2008
I was curious about this too, thanks for the info. We can take our metal detectors on St. Simons Island? We are very new to this and this board.

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
yes it ok here on Saint Simons Island where i live,but all State Park's like Jeckyll detectors are not allowed . >:( :'(

gametalman52

Jul 27, 2007
Northeast Georgia
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT, Goldbug
Dixie Digger, Was going to email, Sorry for the intrusion on this thread. Going to St. Simon's in Sept. Any recommendations on places to stay on the beach. Prefer the cottages, beach rentals. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread