etowah river hot spots?

H

HAVE DETECTOR WILL TRAVEL

I have been thinking about hitting the etowah, I doubt anyone is going to tell you where there hot spot is, at least not the type that i believe you are looking for. The etowah seems fierce enough that i bet it spread a lot of gold for long distances, it probably has a lot of exposed bed rock at the bottom of it also. If you are interested in going you can give me a shout and we'll toss some ideas.

49erjohn

Mar 21, 2007
stickman, we did really good near BLACKBURN PARK last summer. walk north to a few of the feeding creeks. be careful though - we had a group of 5 black guys watching us. GOOD LUCK!!! JOHN

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks 49er ,can you dredge there?

digrdug

Jun 4, 2008
Dawsonville,GA
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270
You can prospect on the etowah ,if you own land or are a member of the weekendgoldminers.com.The georgiagoldprospectorsassociation was one of the other clubs but they have gone private.That is a shame because that leaves only one club in Georgia open to the public.The w.e.g.m is a better club with better properties to prospect on and camp.There properties are 2 wheel drive friendly and there members are very nice and helpfull.The gold on all the properties is proven and was mined by some of the first settlers in the area.There are pictures of my gold that was dredged from the etowah on there website.i have found gold on all the weekendgoldminers claims,rivers and the bench deposites.One month of dues is cheaper then most places charge for a bucket of material or the camping for one day.

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the info,i thought you could dredge as long as you had access to the river,once in the water you could dredge as long as you didn't get on land

digrdug

Jun 4, 2008
Dawsonville,GA
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270
In georgia the mineral rights for the land owner is half of the river, unless they own both sides of the river.Then you can only use the river to float in not prospect.Be nice to look for gold in all the streams but greed has had its course with us small timers.see ya at the motherload :icon_king:

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what about the 75 yds. each side of state road (bridge)? thats what i always understood,to be the law.

digrdug

Jun 4, 2008
Dawsonville,GA
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270
I have only panned around state bridges.Now that iam a member of the weekendgoldminers there is no worries about prospecting on the wrong piece of property.They have great claims to prospect for gold and gemstones.My dredge has pulled out alot of nice nuggets from these properties,along with some other relices that the old timers left behind.They probably have the best chance in the southeast to find good nuggets.

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would like to join,right now i"m trying to get my dredge (s) ,fixed maybe (if) i can soon.

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
never tried there,can you dredge there?i would like to check it out,thanks treasure ace 13.

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not the etowah,haven't had the time -working a lot of overtime lately.i did go in the west ga. area (i live in villa rica ,etowah is almost 2 hrs. away)but have some good leads closer to home. it's like when i had time my dredge wasn't running,now i got my dredge running no time.

treasureace14

Dec 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace250
im going up to blue ridge this weekend! :P
on the toccoa and on other river...??????
kayaking tubing canoeing and fly fishing.
i wish gold panning but sadly no :-[

Rusty2465

Dec 2, 2023
Back woods of Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone know any etowah river hotspots they can share?
You can do like me and my daughters do we get in a kayak and just float down river and just pick random spots we don't do any digging but if they land there or in the water they pick them up. One good hot spot is around the rapids .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread