Noob in Germany

Dutch253

Greenie
Mar 31, 2013
Bamberg
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello!
Well I couldn't find an "Introduce Yourself" section so I figured since I live in Germany I'll introduce myself here! I've always had a bit of an interest in metal detecting and I figure since I'm living in Germany I just can't pass up the opportunity! If anyone knows any good locations in Bavaria let me know! If I don't get any recommendations I'm just going to get a MD and start wandering around.

gmccool

Aug 13, 2007
Heilbronn Germany close to Stuttgart
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab X-Terra 705
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Dutch,
Welcome to Germany. I was stationed in Bamberg for Several years back in the 90s, it is a beautyful place. Plenty of places to detect. Unfortunatly its way too far for me get out that way! Reasearch - Research - Research is the way to go! I believe that Bamberg is closing this year so there might not be many detectorists around. You can start by detecting on post there are a lot of good finds to be made. Perhaps around Grafenwoehr or Hohenfels, or Rose Bks would be a good place also. Give me a PM anytime and I wish you the best of luck!
Greg

OP
OP
D

Dutch253

Greenie
Mar 31, 2013
Bamberg
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Dutch,
Welcome to Germany. I was stationed in Bamberg for Several years back in the 90s, it is a beautyful place. Plenty of places to detect. Unfortunatly its way too far for me get out that way! Reasearch - Research - Research is the way to go! I believe that Bamberg is closing this year so there might not be many detectorists around. You can start by detecting on post there are a lot of good finds to be made. Perhaps around Grafenwoehr or Hohenfels, or Rose Bks would be a good place also. Give me a PM anytime and I wish you the best of luck!
Greg

Thanks for the info! I'm no longer in the Army so I don't have access to post. The only worry I have detecting in Germany is accidentally unearthing some unexploded ordinance!

haymitch

Tenderfoot
Apr 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello!
Well I couldn't find an "Introduce Yourself" section so I figured since I live in Germany I'll introduce myself here! I've always had a bit of an interest in metal detecting and I figure since I'm living in Germany I just can't pass up the opportunity! If anyone knows any good locations in Bavaria let me know! If I don't get any recommendations I'm just going to get a MD and start wandering around.

Old thread I know, but I just found it. Anyway... I am also in based here in Bamberg Germany. Just purchased a detector a few days ago. Love the outdoors, figured this would be a good way to get out and enjoy Germany and maybe find some interesting stuff. Not really sure where to go here in Bavaria. Maybe I will see you out there!

OP
OP
D

Dutch253

Greenie
Mar 31, 2013
Bamberg
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Old thread I know, but I just found it. Anyway... I am also in based here in Bamberg Germany. Just purchased a detector a few days ago. Love the outdoors, figured this would be a good way to get out and enjoy Germany and maybe find some interesting stuff. Not really sure where to go here in Bavaria. Maybe I will see you out there!

Awesome! Let me know if you ever want to get out and about some time? How long have you been here?

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dutch, and welcome!

I'd for sure dig everything. You never know.

Lots of wars, disruption and chaos in the history, in addition to the normal human events that make our hobby interesting.

PM me if you like.

Good luck!

haymitch

Tenderfoot
Apr 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Let me know if you ever want to get out and about some time? How long have you been here?

Been here almost 18 months now. You? Would love to have a partner out there with me hunting some time.

OP
OP
D

Dutch253

Greenie
Mar 31, 2013
Bamberg
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was stationed here for 8 years, then went home went to college and came back.

fjer

Aug 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I just got to Germany a few weeks ago. I'm stationed at Rose Barracks and will be living in Sulzbach soon. I'd be interested in meeting up with some of you guys for some hunts once my detector gets here in a month or so.

OP
OP
D

Dutch253

Greenie
Mar 31, 2013
Bamberg
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, I just got to Germany a few weeks ago. I'm stationed at Rose Barracks and will be living in Sulzbach soon. I'd be interested in meeting up with some of you guys for some hunts once my detector gets here in a month or so.

Unfortunately that's about 2.5 hours from me. Still haven't got my hands on a detector too. Happy hunting though!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome. You live in a really beautiful country. My neighbors were from Erding, outside of Munich and a couple of years ago I had a German exchange student in my class. Really bright fellow who had a chance to go to college here and play football(american) as a place kicker, but missed home too much. Good luck on your hunts...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread