dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

I recently moved to Germany due to military change of station. I'm living in the Ramstein Air Base area, and am looking for someone to hunt with. Also looking for any information regarding laws and obtaining permission. If you live nearby and would like to get together, please let me know. Thank you!

Happy Hunting!

-Nate

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to look up the local laws, we can't tell you what they are. I do know they changed recently and a lot of guys pretty much gave up detecting because of it. Especially being part of the military, you don't want to be running afoul of the law!

OP
OP
dirtdigger1581

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You need to look up the local laws, we can't tell you what they are. I do know they changed recently and a lot of guys pretty much gave up detecting because of it. Especially being part of the military, you don't want to be running afoul of the law!

Thanks Jason. It's hard to find much online regarding the laws. Anything I do find is limited and written in German. Google translate helps a bit, but was hoping to find someone locally who spoke English to help me decipher. Of course, I'm trying my best to do the lawful thing here. That's why I posted for help. I don't want to give detecting a bad name abroad. If anyone else knows more, or has a helpful link to local laws, I'd be interested in knowing. Thanks!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may have to do some digging in the forum, but there were some discussions, maybe last year about this. There are a few German members who were discussing the changes in the laws.

OP
OP
dirtdigger1581

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You may have to do some digging in the forum, but there were some discussions, maybe last year about this. There are a few German members who were discussing the changes in the laws.

I'll take a look. Thanks!

gmccool

Aug 13, 2007
Heilbronn Germany close to Stuttgart
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab X-Terra 705
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Mr Dirtdigger!
Welcome to Germany!
I live about 2 hours from Ramstein so I only get up there once in a while.
I just sent you a PM with some information about metal detecting around your area. I can get you hooked up with some other Americans that detect that area.
This is the best time of the year to get out there and find something!

Imjrod

May 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

Im in Kaiserslautern so very close to Ramstein - about 10 minutes. Any info on detecting in the area or anyone that wants company on a hunt, please PM me.

-Jerod

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread