NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hi everyone. I need help trying to track down a possible location for a ships log. The ship is the ss mail steamer the Seydlitz. Its captain was a Joh Leuss. I am trying to track down a possible location for his captains diary. The main timeframe i am looking for is july 1914 through to the beginging of 1915.
Cheers

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
marticus,
You may wish to contact the Historical Museum Bremehaven. It hold records of Friedrich Hagenmeyer (1864-1914) who worked as Captain on different ships operated by Norddeutscher Lloyd. In 1907 he was given the command of the Seydlitz. Captain Hagmeyer remained in command of the Seydlitz until his death in 1914 when, apparently, 'your captain',Capt. Joh Leuss took command. Perhaps that same museum might have knowledge of Capt. Leuss's log.
Don....
PS: Good luck in finding what I believe you are seeking.
Don....

OP
OP
marticus

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
marticus,
You may wish to contact the Historical Museum Bremehaven. It hold records of Friedrich Hagenmeyer (1864-1914) who worked as Captain on different ships operated by Norddeutscher Lloyd. In 1907 he was given the command of the Seydlitz. Captain Hagmeyer remained in command of the Seydlitz until his death in 1914 when, apparently, 'your captain',Capt. Joh Leuss took command. Perhaps that same museum might have knowledge of Capt. Leuss's log.
Don....
PS: Good luck in finding what I believe you are seeking.
Don....
Thanks very much mackaydon. That is fantastic information to add to my research. Appreciate your help very much.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread