Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
treasure trove 1.jpg treasure trove 2.jpg treasure trove 3.jpg

Hello all, Here is an article from the late 1930s i have been researching for the past few years. I have made some great progress on this so far, but i have identified some areas in the article as being incorrect, first the Seydlitz did in fact leave ahead of schedule and did make its way to South america. this is true, however it did not deviate from its course and made the journey in good time. so this rules out the Seydlitz as being the ship related to the story. however many other german steamships where interned in harbors through out the pacific so not all where accounted for and one could have easily made the drop, some fleeing to guinea and other pacific safe harbors, which Von Spee's fleet was positioned at the time. These ships also carried strongboxes with sovereigns and other forms of money this is a true fact also. further research shows that at the time of the article being written there was a down turn in the meat works and travel times and distances are accurate. The german stranger mentioned to have a plan of the area perhaps a map.

maybe someone out there knows more to this story or could help add another piece to the puzzle.

hope you enjoy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread