Modern day Ghost Town

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:

I guess it could be dangerous to metal detect there without the permission of the local vigilante group. (chat rats)

"Except that a few people refused to leave. They call themselves chat rats, a loose and increasingly self-reliant colony armed with cell phones and Wi-Fi for communication, and guns for driving off scrap-metal scavengers"

Smallchange

Tenderfoot
Oct 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we drove through there on the way to see a friend and my wife started crying while looking at all the abandoned houses with numbers spray painted on the doors...She just had our last son about 3 weeks before that so I think other forces were at work at the time! Its a desolate place amongst all the towering gravel piles and chain link fence surrounding the mining claims

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread