All written by Robert L. Brown

All printed by Claxton

Anyone ever read these?

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
nope but being in colorado I wouldn't mind reading them will write the names down maybe I can find them in library

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
Jeep Trails To Colorado Ghost Towns, great book with tons of info and pictures of what the towns looked like in the 60 when the author went there. I bring it everytime i go to Colorado :wink:

Gobpile

Mar 19, 2010
Underground
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX Garrett GTI2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are all pretty good but the best are Ghost Towns, Colorado Style by Kenneth Jessen. They are written in three volumes and are full of recent information.

Mikejts

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Whites
Gobpile said:
They are all pretty good but the best are Ghost Towns, Colorado Style by Kenneth Jessen. They are written in three volumes and are full of recent information.

Ken actually has five volumes now. He released the Plains ghost towns last year and just about a month ago he released this one. "Colorado's Best Ghost Towns"

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I have read all three Brown books and have two in my library. But, to me, my favorite book about Colorado ghost towns is "Stampede to Timberline" by Muriel Wolle. Over 500 pages, lots of good stuff, and written in 1949, so with much more information that wasn't available when Brown wrote his books. Wolle also wrote "ghost Cities of Colorado" in 1933, but I haven't been able to find that one.

I've taken notes on all the ghost towns from each book, put them together, and have more complete notes after reading them all together than any one book would give me. research is something I like doing. Searching is too. :-)

Mikejts

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Whites
JRF30 - have you read Ken Jessens books.. ?

I also have Wolle's, Browns , Eberharts, Byod and Carson and other books, I like all for different reasons. I prefer Jessens when I am going out to look and photograph sites. At least with his I have a good idea what I can expect to find as his are the most recently published. Wolle, Brown and Eberhart and more in depth and historical for me.

Cal G.

Mar 19, 2003
I have read the Ghost Towns of the Colorado Rockies. This was the 7th printing 1990. Its been a while and I am reading some of it again for more information. A very good book indeed.

Slim_Pickins

Feb 26, 2014
Lincoln Park, Mi
Detector(s) used
I have 2 white's coinmasters and 1 Garrett ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would really be interested in where Mr. R. Brown lived.
I have researched this person and it seems he has passed away?
Any information would be very helpful.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Kansas maybe . . . can't remember. Those books inspired me to get a Landcruiser and get as
high in the mountains of Colorado as possible. What a view. One in particular was productive but
you can't go into details anymore.

xd

Oct 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Brown lied in Denver and was a teacher for DPS and DU its on the book.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread