White's DFX

Born Free

Oct 27, 2007
Davenport, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Look at the area on google earth and try to find anomolies that would indicate where a building was.
Also, check 50' in different directions and when you start finding nails, you're probably getting close.
Be sure to detect in all metal mode.
You can also post an aerial photo of the area in the DOWSING forum and ask if someone will mark the photo for you. You don't have to believe in it, it still works.

It's hard to find buildings that aren't there anymore, isn't it?? Today I was doing the same thing and I might just try to stick to ghost towns that still have buildings!

Keep trying!
Born Free

Sis

Jan 29, 2013
Breezy Hills
Detector(s) used
Dreams, Spirits, Premonitions
Primary Interest:
Other
Personally, I'd say throw down a picnic blanket, light a candle and just sit. Sit, listen and allow your mind and feelings to be open. That is what I would do. Something or someone may come along and lead you to something.

So, it's been over a year. Did you ever find anything?

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Personally, I'd say throw down a picnic blanket, light a candle and just sit. Sit, listen and allow your mind and feelings to be open. That is what I would do. Something or someone may come along and lead you to something.

So, it's been over a year. Did you ever find anything?

Wow......this is some really great advice.

I bet there are people coming from all over the place leading this guy to it.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There was a grand hotel near where I live that burned in 1917.Our local museum would like me to find anything to put on display.It was 50 yards from a mineral hot spring.I have seen pictures of it.I stepped off 50 yards,and I can't find anything.I searched for a long time.Any advice?
Put your DFX in "All Metal" mode, and hunt until you start finding nails. When buildings burn, they leave lots of nails behind.
Jim

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Usually when you find bricks or out of place cement blocks or tiles you need to slow down and do some deep searching.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread