All Treasure Hunting

Lafitte Deux

Jan 19, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I detected a town named Lester a few years ago. It's up by Stampede Pass. King County.
Not much left of it, and it was a long walk to get to.
I didn't find much.

OP
OP
CoinFetcher

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the response.

What did you find? nails, and other hardware? The skagit city townsite is very accessible, and had a busseling little economy for a few years.

Lafitte Deux

Jan 19, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mostly nails, iron, etc. The railroad had gravelled over a big area for trucks.
I did find a nice intact bottle of "Shinola" shoe shine, and a few wheaties.

OP
OP
CoinFetcher

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wheaties are promising

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may be interested in a town called Lowell...a part of Everett...dates back to 1863...there used to be a school there....I-5 was built right over it in 1962...I am planning on going there at some point to check out if it is even accessible. Recently there was a guy throwing concrete off the overpass onto cars near there so it would be nice to have back up in case any crazies come around. Keep me posted if you or anyone else is interested...

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Coinstar, that's an old thread, but yes, I've detected around Lowell
a number of times many years back, and came away with a few
nice goodies for the effort.

As for Skagit City, this is about the first I've heard of it, and I live
in the Skagit Valley, right on the Skagit River....:)

OP
OP
CoinFetcher

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys!

I have been door knocking In lowell, found a rosie.

Skagit city is all private property with a huge dike woven right through the middle of it. It’s on the north east corner of fir island. I would not call it a hot spot! Lots of river debris... private property... anyways, it would be cool if someone found somthing, but skagit city is no longer a place I have hopes for.

What part of lowell did you find goodies if you don’t mind sharing?? Hope you’re well! Join the everett metal detecting club, Pilchuck Treasure hunts!

My great grandparent homestead up near concrete in Lyman, so I’m a local :0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
CF, I was a member of the PTH club back in the 90's when I lived
in Bothell. Good to hear the gang's still at it..:icon_thumleft:

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn’t know Bothell had a metal detecting club....I've only heard of one around West Seattle or somewhere in that vicinity. Would love to see what goodies were found in Lowell...Concrete is an interesting place...I was just there briefly...and only found a Jr fire marshal ring....I think you must have cleaned up. :)

I imagine then you know about the land that is located on the former mental institution...my memory is fuzzy....maybe going east up highway 2, correction highway 20, and turning left at a roundabout...lots of delapitated buildings and bear signs....has an unmarked cemetery?

Last edited:
OP
OP
CoinFetcher

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn’t know Bothell had a metal detecting club....I've only heard of one around West Seattle or somewhere in that vicinity. Would love to see what goodies were found in Lowell...Concrete is an interesting place...I was just there briefly...and only found a Jr fire marshal ring....I think you must have cleaned up. :)

I imagine then you know about the land that is located on the former mental institution...my memory is fuzzy....maybe going east up highway 2, correction highway 20, and turning left at a roundabout...lots of delapitated buildings and bear signs....has an unmarked cemetery?

Everett has the Detecting club - PCT - pilchuck treasure hunts.

The mental institution was actually just opened up to the public, part of it anyways. Theirs a disc golf course, and some of the grounds are open. I found a silver ring a merc and a wa quarter. The oldest parts of the grounds have been developed, and I wandered and wandered with my machine and couldn’t find anything epic there...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread