P1010004.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,122
  • P1010016.JPG
    P1010016.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,129

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
I've heard this place is pretty hunted out. Anyone had any success? Nevertheless, I would go in a heartbeat just to explore.

JRich98150

May 29, 2007
Middleburg, Florida 32068
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I'd try to find out what was the nature of the brige repair. Did it collapse? Was it damaged by a train derailment? How big a repair was it and how many workers were involved in the repair. They could have had lunch breaks on the caboose or maybe there was a favored spot on the ground in the area for their breaks. How long did the repair take? You might be able to retrieve some information from the B&O Historical Society or at least they could point you in the right direction. From the looks of the concrete plaque it seems that this was a major repair of that bridge. Maybe they refaced and supported the old structure. Was there ever an old depot in the area?

LuisTH

May 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX series with 9" coil and 18" coil.
Here is a website from 2000 with some good stories, and with pictures, about this place.

At the bottom of that link there are more links about Moonville for anyone interested.

http://users.3z.net/~jschmidt/moonville/

GreatWhite00

Sep 7, 2009
Cleveland ,Oh
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
I plan on going down there in the next few months to camp and explore once again. I found a few foundations last time, but I had no detector. I read that the last family left in the early 60's and the residents were paid with company script when the town was around, so I don't know if there would be much to find. Anyone have any luck here?

Here are some pics from our last Moonville trip. (Exc. the last two). http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/GreatWhite00/Moonville/

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like an interesting ghosttown :icon_thumleft: If you found building foundations I would start my hunt there and see what happens :dontknow:

Fourier

Greenie
Dec 14, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
I've driven past here before. It looks pretty spooky, even in the daytime.

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Scarey?? It's a falling down tunnel with grafetti everywhere... and you can barely see it from the road, if at all........ paranoia and things we wanna see and experience all go into furthering this old wives tale of a haunted tressel..... Someone has even tried to dig up a grave of a baby in the cemetery it seems..... contrary to myth.... we have hunted and hunted and see no remains of this "town".... there are a few stray blocks..... MAYBE a tiny foundation of a long forgotten 3x6 building.... that's it..... nothing left there

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Moonvile is State Of Ohio property./.... you may not legally detect there.. get caught and you will be fined and detector taken!

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've detected here. I dug alot of relics from the railroad workers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread