ghost town nevada

karl-mxt

Jan 23, 2007
nevada
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
HI GUYS OW AND DOLLS...
Right im karl and im very new to forum and usa so pls bear with me on this one...
A friend here in the usa took me on my first hunt and my first ghost town here in nevada, sorry if its been put here before but could not see it...ok here go,s..
gold was first found here in 1904 bye too guys harris and cross in 1904, and as soon as word got out the town began to grow by 1906 a small town near by begain to move here and by 1908 there was over 8,000 residents in the town...and soon hit around 10,000...but like all good thing the town did not last and around 1920 there were only 20 still trying to make a liveing here,....all the train tracks and lights where taking out a long time before this year, so the remander of thetown had no lights or transport to and from .....i could go on for hours about this ghost town as theres so much more of it to say....The one thing that will stay in my mine is the house of beer bottles ,yep i said beer bottles, over 28,000 bottles where used in makeing this home and it is only 1 of 10 buildings still standing at the old ghost town, i can tell you its all a sight for sore eyes and i will go back there soon as its such a sight to take in ,to think all them home which were there and now gone ..ow yeh and there was over 40 bars there to but none are still standing...
well thats it for now, if you need to ask any thing about the town or want more pics pls ask...
thanks for looking..
ps i did not find any thing on my first day out ....boo hoo ...

Attachments

• bottle house.jpg
    bottle house.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 785
  • ghost town 16.jpg
    ghost town 16.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 766
  • mine opening.jpg
    mine opening.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 750
  • bottle house 2.jpg
    bottle house 2.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 778
  • ghost town 1.jpg
    ghost town 1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 771
  • ghost town 5.jpg
    ghost town 5.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 778
  • ghost town 11.jpg
    ghost town 11.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 776
  • ghost town 13.jpg
    ghost town 13.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 772
  • ghost town 17.jpg
    ghost town 17.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 776
  • ghost town 23.jpg
    ghost town 23.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 734
  • ghost town 19.jpg
    ghost town 19.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 743
  • ghost town9.jpg
    ghost town9.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 735
OP
OP
karl-mxt

karl-mxt

Jan 23, 2007
nevada
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
more pics

karl-mxt said:
HI GUYS OW AND DOLLS...
Right I'm Karl and I'm very new to forum and USA so pls bear with me on this one...
A friend here in the USA took me on my first hunt and my first ghost town here in Nevada, sorry if its been put here before but could not see it...OK here go,s..
gold was first found here in 1904 bye too guys Harris and cross in 1904, and as soon as word got out the town began to grow by 1906 a small town near by began to move here and by 1908 there was over 8,000 residents in the town...and soon hit around 10,000...but like all good thing the town did not last and around 1920 there were only 20 still trying to make a living here,....all the train tracks and lights where taking out a long time before this year, so the remainder of thetown had no lights or transport to and from .....i could go on for hours about this ghost town as theres so much more of it to say....The one thing that will stay in my mine is the house of beer bottles ,yep i said beer bottles, over 28,000 bottles where used in making this home and it is only 1 of 10 buildings still standing at the old ghost town, i can tell you its all a sight for sore eyes and i will go back there soon as its such a sight to take in ,to think all them home which were there and now gone ..ow yeah and there was over 40 bars there to but none are still standing...
well thats it for now, if you need to ask any thing about the town or want more pics pls ask...
thanks for looking..
PS i did not find any thing on my first day out ....boo hoo ...
Here are more pics enjoy....bye the way notice the mines in the hills? there around 5 all close to each other, and i had a hunt around the open pit mine but did not find any thing much,maybe being a learner i need to get more practise with the mxt ...did find a few rocks with tiny amounts of gold in , so its there and lots of it from the tells i got told while talking to fellow detectors in the area...
thanks again for looking more town to come soon as i visit as there tons of them around here..
Karl

Attachments

• bottle house 2.jpg
    bottle house 2.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 746
  • bottle house 2.jpg
    bottle house 2.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 759
  • ghost town 4.jpg
    ghost town 4.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 720
  • ghost town 18.jpg
    ghost town 18.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 745
  • mines 1.jpg
    mines 1.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 730
  • mines 2.jpg
    mines 2.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 766
  • open pit mine 1.jpg
    open pit mine 1.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 760
  • ghost town 12.jpg
    ghost town 12.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 754
  • ghost town 25.jpg
    ghost town 25.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 698
  • view of ghost town 2.jpg
    view of ghost town 2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 710
T

TreasureTales

Rhyolite, Nevada is a famous ghost town. It is located on both private and government (public) land. Use caution when removing objects from that townsite. If you remove something historic (old) from the portion that is on government land, you could face criminal charges if caught. There is an old saying that usually applies to wilderness areas, but it also applies these days to federal lands..."take only photographs and leave only footprints." Be aware and take care.

OP
OP
karl-mxt

karl-mxt

Jan 23, 2007
nevada
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
TreasureTales said:
Rhyolite, Nevada is a famous ghost town. It is located on both private and government (public) land. Use caution when removing objects from that townsite. If you remove something historic (old) from the portion that is on government land, you could face criminal charges if caught. There is an old saying that usually applies to wilderness areas, but it also applies these days to federal lands..."take only photographs and leave only footprints." Be aware and take care.
Hi mate..
Thanks mate all info is very welcome as im new here to the states and just getting to know all the laws....on the day we only had a quick poke around some old tailings and a open pit mine, as there was others there too doing the same....id hate to get into truble and get sent back home lol...love it here in the USA and dont wonna have to leave ...
thanks a bunch for the concern and info...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread