Northern Utah Ghost towns are secret shooting ranges,,,,

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I took this summer to investigate most of the old Golden spike Rail road ghost towns,,,,wow! every bush has 400 million 22 shell casings under it. Shot gun hulls, spent rifle shells,,,there are so many I have half a mind to look into the recycle aspects of firearms brass,,,,lol Then the number of people, wow, most just out camping, some looking around, in one case, found a person removing old barn wood. found another poaching Deer, another removing old rail spikes, but most were out plugging away with a gun,,,,Now I have learned that you can live in an area and really not know whats in it or going on around it. I have lived here my entire life, and had never heard of this particular creek location, much less knew anything about the nice Small-mouth Bass that were in it,,,,lol Well I never found anything worth bragging about out checking things out. But I guess the summer was not a total waste, I did find a new fishing location,,,,,,hahaha!!
But I'll keep plugging away!!

cmatue1

Jan 8, 2014
Out around Kelton and Park Valley along the old railroad is the best place in Utah to go rabbit and coyote hunting

Wildwest99

Greenie
Jun 25, 2014
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm actually focused on the La Plata mine area near Porcupine reservoir. Whats funny is...i'm normally out there putting up zombie targets and blasting away, now i want to try sweeping some of the old ghost towns. *sigh*

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions