D

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry for the late reply. priest river, coeur d' alene, area and any others within 100 mile
thanks in advance for any and all help, i appreciate it.
davin

Maitland

Mar 15, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Detector(s) used
White's Silver Eagle, Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am interested in this as well because I plan on visiting the Priest River/Coolin/Sandpoint area next summer. Never been there before and I wasn't able to find very much information myself on any ghost towns, but there is historical mining activity in Bonner County (especially near Lake Pend Oreille), and where there was mining activity there was usually boom/bust towns also.

OP
OP
D

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for that bit of info. it sounds like that area might be a good place to look into further, interesting. best of luck to you when you make the trip.
be carefull and stay safe.

cprovolt

Dec 14, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurtek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I grew up in Sandpoint, ID (South Canada) and there are many old logging cabins out in the deep woods. There was one where my house used to be that actually straddled a stream, that was very, very old. I was young then and it looked very dangerous and it frightened us kids so we stayed away from it. I will go detect that area in the future when I visit next.The problem up there is private property, and I highly recommend that it be very respected in this area. People up there are very into their privacy and trespassing is not taken lightly up there, you will be shot at if not shot.

OP
OP
D

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cprovolt, sorry for the late reply. thanks for the information about private land, i kinda of had an idea about that.

Maitland

Mar 15, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Detector(s) used
White's Silver Eagle, Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm actually going to be headed to the panhandle area very soon and I'm hoping to do some prospecting and ghost towning in the northern Idaho area. These are some of the places that I plan on checking out, and if anyone has any information, suggestions, or towns I should check out that aren't on this list, please let me know!

- Boulder City, ID
- Burke, ID
- Gem, ID
- Murray, ID
- Eagle City, ID

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions