Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Dec 2007

Lost Ghost Town, Is it real?

I have seen a few legends of a lost ghost town, and after seeing it featured in season two of the TV show "Supernatural" my interest really got peaked.

The town is Cold Oak, South Dakota. "A town so haunted, everyone left."

Now I've been as much a ghost hunter as I have been a treasure hunter in my days. Anything to get the adrenaline pumping. So what do you think? Is it real? Or is it just a legend of a ghost town that got blow way out of proportion by Hollywood? Anyone have any references to this place?

Mar 2007
    3 times

Re: Lost Ghost Town, Is it real?

Sorry, think it's fiction. Have checked with fellow paranormal researchers and no one seems to have heard of this place, as a real place.

Maybe it's based on a real town but the name seems to exist only in relation to this TV show.

Charter Member

Mar 2003
    Indiana
    All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
    11 times

Re: Lost Ghost Town, Is it real?

Your town never had a post office but really small towns wouldn't have had one either. regards, siegfried schlagrule
    "We have done so much; for so many; for so long; with so little; that pretty soon we'll be able to do anything; with nothing at all."
    my unit motto - 138th Aviation Company -  224th Aviation Battalion - Phu Bai, I Corps, Republic of Vietnam - 1972
    Siegfried Schlagrule

Feb 2013
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    I have seen a few legends of a lost ghost town, and after seeing it featured in season two of the TV show "Supernatural" my interest really got peaked.

The town is Cold Oak, South Dakota. "A town so haunted, everyone left."

Now I've been as much a ghost hunter as I have been a treasure hunter in my days. Anything to get the adrenaline pumping. So what do you think? Is it real? Or is it just a legend of a ghost town that got blow way out of proportion by Hollywood? Anyone have any references to this place?
    no this town does not exist. i have lived in south dakota my whole live. the closest town to what they could be trying to reference is deadwood sd. but there have been many places with supposed ghost sitings

Sponsors