Lost Ghost Town, Is it real?

Reaper

Tenderfoot
Dec 31, 2007
I have seen a few legends of a lost ghost town, and after seeing it featured in season two of the TV show "Supernatural" my interest really got peaked.

The town is Cold Oak, South Dakota. "A town so haunted, everyone left."

Now I've been as much a ghost hunter as I have been a treasure hunter in my days. Anything to get the adrenaline pumping. So what do you think? Is it real? Or is it just a legend of a ghost town that got blow way out of proportion by Hollywood? Anyone have any references to this place?

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
Sorry, think it's fiction. Have checked with fellow paranormal researchers and no one seems to have heard of this place, as a real place.

Maybe it's based on a real town but the name seems to exist only in relation to this TV show.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Your town never had a post office but really small towns wouldn't have had one either. regards, siegfried schlagrule

alexingalls

Feb 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen a few legends of a lost ghost town, and after seeing it featured in season two of the TV show "Supernatural" my interest really got peaked.

The town is Cold Oak, South Dakota. "A town so haunted, everyone left."

Now I've been as much a ghost hunter as I have been a treasure hunter in my days. Anything to get the adrenaline pumping. So what do you think? Is it real? Or is it just a legend of a ghost town that got blow way out of proportion by Hollywood? Anyone have any references to this place?

no this town does not exist. i have lived in south dakota my whole live. the closest town to what they could be trying to reference is deadwood sd. but there have been many places with supposed ghost sitings

Vidurr

Jul 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't exist in SD. I can't find my journal that has the actual name of it either.
It is in an area without much in the way of terrain elevation variation.
You haven't been able to legally get to it in years but it's there. It was part of a big land buy by a corporation back in the day. They put in a few warehouses and some research buildings and a little monorail to take employees and equipment around the complex but also to the town.
Last I even thought about the place, until now, was nearly a decade ago when a friend told me that the company is still doing maintenance and keeping the old town from falling in on itself.

If I come across where I was keeping notes on it I'll share what I've got here.

If ya find it and you're wanting to get in and snoop around, you could try my plan. Get hired. If things are still the same I'd say it'd be easier than getting past security. Plus high turn over in several areas.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread