Invited to hunt a Ghost Town in Oregon

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK learned about a ghost town near Condon OR. and was invited to hunt it. I was told by a relative by marriage his family helped start the town when they came over on the Oregon trail. From what he says its not vandalized like so many are and is on private property. The name of the town was Papersack and still has the wood sidewalks.The best thing is he has a key to the gate and we can drive right to it :o I guess i will have to learn him about MDs because he is ready to go......aa

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
That is great!! Can't wait to hear all about it and see pics of the finds! Dont' forget to holler if you come through here so we can see ya! Looking forward to meeting you and your beautiful wife! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cynangyl said:
That is great!! Can't wait to hear all about it and see pics of the finds! Dont' forget to holler if you come through here so we can see ya! Looking forward to meeting you and your beautiful wife! :thumbsup:
Will do but why name a town Papersack??? ???

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
lol would be interesting to find that one out! Perhaps that is where they all stopped to have a papersack lunch? Might have to research that one a bit and find out....maybe the person you are hunting with has some leads to find out?

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Oregon Geographic Names has 35,000 entries, but no Papersack, unfortunately. :(

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fishenfool said:
would this ghost town happen to be in the area of Condon Oregon?
right next to it

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh please take lots of pictures so I can see this.... I may never get out that way to see a real ghost town... I wish ya best of luck and hope you find tons of coins and gold ones...and everything else ... now I will be dying to hear all about it...hurry up and go there ok... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bootybay said:
Oh please take lots of pictures so I can see this.... I may never get out that way to see a real ghost town... I wish ya best of luck and hope you find tons of coins and gold ones...and everything else ... now I will be dying to hear all about it...hurry up and go there ok... :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: P. S. Booty how did you get a lump a coal? ???

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel73153 said:
So have you made this trip yet? I am down here in the Roseburg area.
nope had a fall out wit da cousin :-\

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread