Glass shards=bottles ;D :wink:

Just keep looking when your out.
look for old sites; they did something with their
garbage, after a bit they burned it off; if fire
not too hot, bottles remain ;D

Try:
http://antiquebottles-glass.com/brooklyndig3.htm

Do a Google
"finding old glass bottles" lots of info.

have a good un..
SHERMANVILLE

OP
OP
Cachefinder

Cachefinder

Dec 22, 2008
ARIZONA
Detector(s) used
lucky horseshoe
thanks SHERMANVILLE

the only glass i ever see on the ground in newer beer bottles
but will be on the look out when in more forest areas

Cachefinder-

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Cachefinder said:
thanks SHERMANVILLE

the only glass i ever see on the ground in newer beer bottles
but will be on the look out when in more forest areas

Cachefinder-

you're welcome.

:thumbsup:

BttleDiggerDrew

Aug 12, 2010
Rockland County, NY
First place to look are old foundation pits, Shermanville is right, anywhere there is broken glass, there are bottles to be found....Second place to look would be dry stream beds because in earlier times, they didn't recycle and usually dumped bottles in unfarmable land such as streams, stream banks and swamps, and when you find a bottle dump, you hit paydirt...Good luck!

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
BttleDiggerDrew said:
First place to look are old foundation pits, Shermanville is right, anywhere there is broken glass, there are bottles to be found....Second place to look would be dry stream beds because in earlier times, they didn't recycle and usually dumped bottles in unfarmable land such as streams, stream banks and swamps, and when you find a bottle dump, you hit paydirt...Good luck!

Exactly right, my grandfather has some land and i found his stash of garbage, i picked out PLENTY of bottles from it. just gotta get lucky i guess.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look for old maps of your town and try to find where farms once stood or old neighborhoods,or better yet talk to the old people in your town and ask them. :coffee2:

davidpitt

Oct 1, 2011
Check all the trash pits in your locality. Next, visit some antique traders to get some old bottles.

joesdigs

Dec 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ask an older person is the best method I think... If you are going past any old buildings or neighbourhoods keep an eye out back for rises in the land. This can be an indication of an old dumping mound. If you can find early bars or taverns they will have a tonne of stuff dumped not too far behind the property.. If you can find old pharmacies in the area they will have very valuable poison and medicine bottles out in their dump... The more you research the area the less time you will spend hitting blanks.. It may take a lot of test holes to find the spot but when you do it's payday.. I've just uncovered a dump and in 2 hours today I've taken 120 bottles and there is evidence of old Crockery bottles further down. It took a lot of asking and research to pin point the area but I have been told there are around 10,000 crockery bottles under the old glass ones.. So keep the eyes and ears open and a shovel in the boot :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread