3c Florida Store Bottle Quart

SouthernBelle

Tenderfoot
May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this bottle on a creek bank and haven't had any luck finding much information about it. Google searches have shown 5 cent Florida store bottles in 1/2 pints and quart sizes, but I haven't saw anything about a quart sized 3c bottle. It is in mint condition, besides the old clay build up which it was preserved in for however many years. It has a big 3 with a cent sign on the bottom as well as a ring and a symbol with what looks like hand markings. I don't know much about bottles but have always collected them and love them a lot. This bottle is special to me but I would like to know more information if anyone knows, and possible value although this one is staying in my collection and will oneday be passed to my daughter hopefully many, many years from now! Thanks!!

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Belle,

Welcome to TNet. Did you consult the helpful directions department? Have a look >>> HELP!

Can't really tell you much without photos. Generic store bottles, without a dairy, or store name are pretty common. Let's see some photos, after you master the process.

OP
OP
S

SouthernBelle

Tenderfoot
May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harry, it looks just like the 5 cent quart bottle but it is from an earlier time when a quart was 3 cents. I haven't found any information on my bottle. All the ones I've saw were the 5c ones. I am on an iPhone and looked through the help section. Still can't figure it out. Any information would be awesome!

OP
OP
S

SouthernBelle

Tenderfoot
May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to search what year milk was 3 cents a quart and I read that in 1895 milk was 10 cents a quart. Would this imply that this bottle is much earlier than that? I'm not sure how accurate that information is. Thanks so much for your time & help.

OP
OP
S

SouthernBelle

Tenderfoot
May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok figured out how to post pictures. Not sure why they're flipped. As you can see the clay preserved the bottle very well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    709 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    626.4 KB · Views: 148
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    793.2 KB · Views: 140

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread