Attachments

• 1426027637982.jpg
    1426027637982.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 201

Pokey1

Feb 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, are you still looking for information on the "union dressing" bottle? I just found one as well, and cant find anything about it on the Internet with the exception of your post. Where I found it, though might give a clue. In a small Pennsylvania town, there was a paper mill called the "Union Papermill" that made wallpaper from 1865-1887 when it burnt down. Since there don't seem to be many of these bottles, I am thinking that maybe it contained something produced on site at this Union Mill. This is a guess and may be a stretch, but I think possible. By the seams and molding of the bottle I am guessing it would date to the early to mid era that the mill was in existence. Where did you get your bottle? Hope this helps

ProspectingForStone

Nov 17, 2017
North East USA Maine
Detector(s) used
Raider Gold, Old machine of my Father's
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tried to find more info about this bottle but keep hitting a dead end. Any info on this bottle would be great. Thanks

Hello.

To any who find future bottles of this type.

Could it be that these bottles come from this company?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Glass_Company

Pokey I realize you wrote your message quite a while ago, Hope you are still around somewhere.

Finding it in Pennsylvania seems to make sense, this company was located in Mass.

It is closed down now, was an old glass company which made glass flint bottles- or lead glass.

That is what I found while researching.

Hope it helps future readers with identifying these bottles, hoping it finds its way back to the op as well.

Sorry for invading an old thread.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions