Refinedinthefire

Tenderfoot
May 21, 2015
Washingtonville, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett pinpointer, (fisher) coin master junker
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recently found a stash of about 20 zinc mason jar lids without the stamps, but white ceramic inserts intact, on the corner of my old farmhouse. They are all from the 1920's-1930's, they were all on the same level of dirt with a one inch thick layer of cement poured over top of them... I didn't find any glass directly under the lids, is it worth digging deeper to see what's below, even though I'm not catching any great signals (I've already dug about 2 feet). I thought I was going to find a coin stash, but no such luck yet. [emoji53] the picture only shows a couple of the lids, I also found two keyhole glass jar lids in the same hole.... I'm thoroughly confused!!!!! uploadfromtaptalk1432194384951.jpg

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there is ash or glass I would keep going down. If it just looks like native ground keep on looking elsewhere. Thats my advice...

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
I started of using a bounty hunter junior! :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah definitely keep digging. who knows what you could find. It sounds like a good spot, and even if you find no bottles, it sounds like you could find more zinc lids. People will pay good money for old zinc lids, because they are the part that always goes missing. And with inserts intact, that makes them even more valuable!
You might also have a small bottle dump, so detecting wouldn't help. Just try digging around the general area, and watch out for any old bottles that might pop up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread