Zinc Mason Jar lids
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    May 2015
    Washingtonville, PA
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett pinpointer, (fisher) coin master junker
    4 times
    Metal Detecting

Zinc Mason Jar lids

I recently found a stash of about 20 zinc mason jar lids without the stamps, but white ceramic inserts intact, on the corner of my old farmhouse. They are all from the 1920's-1930's, they were all on the same level of dirt with a one inch thick layer of cement poured over top of them... I didn't find any glass directly under the lids, is it worth digging deeper to see what's below, even though I'm not catching any great signals (I've already dug about 2 feet). I thought I was going to find a coin stash, but no such luck yet. the picture only shows a couple of the lids, I also found two keyhole glass jar lids in the same hole.... I'm thoroughly confused!!!!! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1432194384951.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	882.8 KB 
ID:	1164498

us
    Goldenplug

Jul 2014
    Upstate, ny
    Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
    1077 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    If there is ash or glass I would keep going down. If it just looks like native ground keep on looking elsewhere. Thats my advice...
    "Any material thing you want is merely a symbol; you want it not for itself, but because it will content your spirit for the moment." Mark Twain

us
    collector of vintage toys and anything cool

May 2015
    Massachusetts
    Fisher F-4 Vulcan 360 Pinpointer Garret Treasure Ace 300 I started of using a bounty hunter junior! :)
    362 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Yeah definitely keep digging. who knows what you could find. It sounds like a good spot, and even if you find no bottles, it sounds like you could find more zinc lids. People will pay good money for old zinc lids, because they are the part that always goes missing. And with inserts intact, that makes them even more valuable!
    You might also have a small bottle dump, so detecting wouldn't help. Just try digging around the general area, and watch out for any old bottles that might pop up.
    Ask me about vintage toys! I love to help people out with them. Even if I don't know about it, I'll learn something new!

Sponsored Links