art nouveau iridescent glass

on.off

Aug 1, 2014
new york city
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wondering if any glass experts out there might know who made the glass pieces in these 2 brooches. they are iridescent. one has a twisted appearance with "nubs" and the other has a fluted appearance in a curved nautilus shell shape. the glass appears to be handmade (extruded or pulled?) rather than molded or pressed.

one is a handmade sterling setting, the other is in a handmade or partially handmade brass setting. it looks like these might have been leftover bits of glass from a factory that somebody made use of by having them turned into jewelry. the style of the brooch construction dates them to c.1900-1910. the nautilus pin has a small rhinestone (if they were in gold with a diamond i might have guessed Tiffany or something, but they are more along the lines of costume jewelry of the period).

my field is antique jewelry but i'm a novice with art nouveau glass... any thoughts appreciated!

irid3.jpg

irid1.jpg

irid2.jpg

Metro Retro

Apr 8, 2013
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those brooches are fabulous looking! Could they possibly be blown and pulled Venetian (possibly Murano)?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread