Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    us
    Sea'mus King of the Leprechauns

Jan 2009
    Found under a rock, in Washington State.
    Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
    5 times

Re: AL GORE made 100 Million off YOU going GREEN!

Yes. I'm screwing the goverment by not responding to their tactics their way.

Gore= no money out of my pocket.

Auto bailout= I'll go back to walking if I have to, too reduce the oil consumption that I use.

Earth sheltered houses and solar work for me.

With all my hot air, I should put up a wind turbine.

Did I forget a couple of ideas.

I'll sleep on it and try to focus.

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Sep 2004
    Kingman AZ
    32 times

Here's some food for thought concerning "going green". We average 500Kw a month . Some months are about 350 and some are as much as 850 . With a south facing roof and the Arizona sun shining almost every day what would it cost me to go solar ? My average bill is about $75 a month . We have "buy back" for .09 per Kw . After you figure ALL costs figure out the monthly payment on the purchase of the system along with interest . Be sure to include $9.50 a month just to be connected to the power company . There are some minor taxes as well but they will all come out in the wash . Do I win , lose or break even ?
    TOM
    KINGMAN LODGE #22 F&AM KINGMAN, ARIZONA
    NRA
    LDMA
    U.S. PARATROOPER

pippinwhitepaws

short term you loose troop...one of the serious problems with conversion to solar, wind is the cost...and i believe that cost, like most cost of living items, is artificially inflated...over the long term..if you survive the politically based road blocks and cost...it works, and you can save money while helping to improve air quality.

i really have issues with batteries in the system...major nasty to create or dispose of...same with the computer control systems use in most green systems...
    there has to be a median, where the choke hold oil companies have on individual homes is broken.
    there was a time, that most cities had electric trolleys to transport people...big oil bought out these companies, and destroyed the trolley systems...

us
    Sep 2004
    Kingman AZ
    32 times

Thanks Pip , the alternative is to put the panels up and use the sun by day . Sell what I don't use and use their electricity at night and as a supplement on less than sunny days . This gets rid of batteries and all the other high dollar stuff .Lower buy in but still tethered . The alternative is to plug stuff into the wall and pay the $75 bucks . I would think that the fact that I am 63 would factor in as well . We have no children so the place goes to my brother or her sister depending on ...... well , you know . I would think that Nobama should recognize this situation and give solar to everyone and just take a payment equal to the average payment every month . As time goes on and prices go up I will pay less . Since the monthly payment would be what I'm paying now I would jump on board . However , I don't see it happening .
    TOM
    KINGMAN LODGE #22 F&AM KINGMAN, ARIZONA
    NRA
    LDMA
    U.S. PARATROOPER

us
    Dec 2005
    Eugene, Oregon
    Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
    69 times

Not to get too far off topic, but since someone brought it up....

Solar is just fine if you want to save money in the long run only. So is wind in certain areas.... but still, you got any idea how much mining is taking place to produce those panels and windmills and batteries?

In my opinion, not saving the earth at all.

But hey, at least Al isn't making a dime off you so you got that going for you!

us
    Apr 2006
    Tennessee/Texas
    Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
    3 times

I think personal grid tied systems are great. They don't use battries and in the end you usually break even or pay just a little. We consume so much that a few solar panels and a small wind turbine should not be as much materials as buying another car. I HATE being lied to!!!!T Al was scum as my senator in Tennessee, and experience has taught me that he cannot be trusted. I like so many others want to help keep our planet clean, but I cannot stand liars. To me lying is more disgusting than throwing trash out your car window by far. I do not care what party you belong to, do not except liars ever and Al is one of the worst.
    Arooooooo Wolf Pack

us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB
    51 times

Another point. I've been looking at some scientific literature about global warming. There's several scientists that have been studying the arctic before Gore & his cronies. They have shown evidence that this "global warming" is a cycle that has happened before at least twice. Nope no dinosaurs have died etc. Try finding these studies! Very difficult. If you really dig deep there is proof that the only parts of the ice cap that are melting is really small, like 10 or 15 percent. It's all on one side of Antarctica. The larger portion on the other side is actually thickening Do we see any of these studies? Do we see any of the studies showing the ice cap thickening? Where's Gore & all his propaganda now that he's made enough money to last the rest of his life? Are we gonna see the real science? NO! too many people are gonna continue making big bucks on green.

Has anyone looked at the power companies? Most power companies are on a pretty much fixed budget. I won't name the company I'm talking about but I know for a fact Green is being promoted big time. Less consumption = less strain on the system, less strain = less upgrades, new facilities, maintenance costs. Also, another plus is the power generated by private solar & wind systems putting power on the grid in off peak hours which lessens strain on the system. A big plus for the power companies that doesn't get any mention.

My question that never gets answered. If everyone switches to the new "wonder bulbs" what happens when they burn out? What do you do with a gazillion bulbs that have mercury in them. Who's gonna pay for disposal of them? Technically they're a hazmat problem. We don't hear about that from Gore & his Greenie buddies do we?
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

Conservative Cherokee "WP" (Wolf Pack 4Ever)

Jan 2008
    Louisiana
    Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
    60 times

Dang that Old Boogeyman, come in here with facts and legitimate questions, not some factitious post found on a bias site like MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, etc. Now that's gonna give some of these Kool Aid drinkers indigestion.

us
    Jun 2006
    WHITES, MINELAB
    51 times

Good eveining Gray Cloud,

Facts?!?!?! What I stated about the power company is FACT I worked for the Company! I know this as fact because I was in the meetings. I had the opportunity to talk casually with almost all the executive officers about how things worked. I hung out with the guy that heads the renewable energy stuff. Yes, I'm FERC NERC & Homeland certified, my dept was involved with almost everything the company was doing. Facts? Get on the net and read a little! Not the media propaganda thats stuffed down you throat. MSNBC CBS ABC & the other controlled media?!?! Apparently you haven't read any of my other posts etc. I've seen & been on the poo end of the stick due to the media. I've had the displeasure of trying to get a news agency in Ca. to report the facts not what they felt was entertaining. How about seeing people I know on TV & having to ask them did you really say that? Reply "Nope, it was edited out of context".

Before you jump on me, do a little reading / researching. News Pfffft

You have yourself a nice night Gray Cloud!

us
    Apr 2006
    Tennessee/Texas
    Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
    3 times

Ummmm, Boogeyman, If I am correct, Greycloud was using sarcasm to agree with you in actuality. I don't think he was jumping on you at all. It's sort of like he said "Boogeyman, how dare you post facts!!! Everyone who supports MMGW hates those darn facts don't you know " See, actually Greycloud along with me agrees with you.
    Arooooooo Wolf Pack

Jan 2008
    Louisiana
    60 times

Boogeyman, you need to reread my post. 21ST. was right. I Sir, agreed with your post 100%. I Sir, was born a Redneck Conservative, raised on the end of a seven mile dirt road. We did not buy meat, we killed it. This MMGW and just global warming is a farce, orchestrated by liberals with power and money agendas.
    Sorry if you missread my intentions. Others here know me and I hold nothing back.

us
    Jun 2006
    WHITES, MINELAB
    51 times

Graycloud,

First off let me appologize! You're coprrect I mis read the intent of your response. Jeeze, Let my caffeine gauge get below 1/4 tank & I can't read a thing!

Jan 2008
    Louisiana
    60 times

No problem my Conservative Friend. A while back, me and old Slow Swinger got crossed up (more and likely my fault), and I think the world about the old boy. He is just like me, sometimes too much bulldog in the backbone... We did kiss and make up.

"but still, you got any idea how much mining is taking place to produce those panels and windmills and batteries?".....ROFL

ANYWAYS, after I brush myself off from rolling on the floor laughing, I'm surprised nobody here has brought up atomic energy. That was supposed to be the way to go from a looong time back, whatever happened to that?

us
    Jun 2006
    WHITES, MINELAB
    51 times

I think it went the way of the computer age making us a paperless society What ever happened to planting all the trees to use up all the Co2? We got too much Co2, plant more crops and trees. Guess Gore and the rest of them couldn't make enough dough off promoting tree farming.

us

Jan 2009
    5 times

Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman
    I think it went the way of the computer age making us a paperless society What ever happened to planting all the trees to use up all the Co2? We got too much Co2, plant more crops and trees. Guess Gore and the rest of them couldn't make enough dough off promoting tree farming. :dont know:
    He can not sell his carbon credit crap by planting trees. So it is up to me to plant trees. Is anyone or most everyone with me on his carbon credit plan...Ops... I mean planting a tree.

Guys, do you even know what carbon credits are? Please, answer this question in your own words, because I will Google them to see if you cut and pasted. Question of the day is: what are carbon credits, and how do they affect you, and why are they so harmful for us?

us

Jan 2009
    5 times

The title of this thread is as dumb as a blond sitting on her thumbs.

If I turn a light switch off, walk to the store around the corner, build my own energy efficient house, go solar, then what in the hell do you get. Exactly the same thing that Al Gorilla gets nothing.

I do not pay you for my walking shoes or wages for me turning my lights OFF for me.

What the hell is a carbon credit, who really gets paid for it, and just exactly how does carbon or credit have to do with green energy or you none believers in this energy crappola anyway.

I read that we are stewarts of the earth. That means wise use, not wise ass(Al Gorilla)use.

You just might be focusing on the wrong issue here. Our present president is bailing out big business at tax payers expense. That is ...uh, well...I won't talk about you that way just in case some of you none tax payers might get offended at your dumb blond taxable carbon credit that Al Gore is sure to collect from you... Have a nice Al Gore day while I swing my detector with my carbon credit batteries in my carbon credit detector or collect concentrates in my carbon credit gold pan from the Al Gorilla camp.

pg
    my favourite food is witchetty grubs

Jul 2008
    hound dog

I don't care what Al Gore makes. I know he's giving it back a million fold in Planetary care for our descendants.
    I salute you Albert Arnold "Al" Gore, Jr.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    I freed my mind when I left god behind

us
    Jun 2006
    WHITES, MINELAB
    51 times

Yeah buddy................

I'd like to see the tally sheet at the end of the day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors