Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    us
    Dec 2005
    Eugene, Oregon
    Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
    85 times

Re: AL GORE made 100 Million off YOU going GREEN!

Evidently you can't read, or your selective reasoning is kicking in........

As Jim pointed out in the first post, Gore was worth 1-2 million in 2000. Then worth 100 million in 2008. He has been actively promoting carbon credits and makes money off fools for believing in the idea, which does absolutely nothing to save the environment.

Just wait. It is already happening. You will not have to do a damn thing to send Gore money. Your electric company is already doing it for you, and charging you for it.

As a politician, Gore has seen to it that his carbon credit scheme will be mandated by law. We will all be paying Al Gore, creator of the internet, for "saving" the planet as well....

us
    Sea'mus King of the Leprechauns

Jan 2009
    Found under a rock, in Washington State.
    Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
    5 times

Go solar. We have the tecnology. Or aren't you through paying for big oil and hydro-electric.

Where is your energy ethics. Go off grid while you complain. I like listening to complaints from people that are doing something about what their complaining about.

Other wise you can keep paying through the nose for what you are receiving.

Don't get ME going on what I'm paying for if you can't handle the truth.

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    23 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Seamuss
    Go solar. We have the tecnology. Or aren't you through paying for big oil and hydro-electric.

Where is your energy ethics. Go off grid while you complain. I like listening to complaints from people that are doing something about what their complaining about.

There is no reason to take any of this personally...

As part of very small percent of the population that exploits the alternative fuels - you ARE doing a great thing, unfortunately, it also sounds like to meet the other criteria for folks who use alternate energy - you're fairly narcissistic.

us

Jan 2009
    5 times

Quote Originally Posted by Montana Jim

As part of very small percent of the population that exploits the alternative fuels - you ARE doing a great thing, unfortunately, it also sounds like to meet the other criteria for folks who use alternate energy - you're fairly narcissistic.
    Ya, I did jump to concusions and stepped on my lip there and thought I'd better change the way I respond to things so I don't sound like I'm talking out my backside because my mouth knows better.

If it wasn't for jumping the gun before I talk and jumping on my high horse on occassions then I'd get very little exercise.

I'll hang my head in a momment of silence to give myself an attitude check. Thanks Montana

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    23 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Montana Jim

Ya, I did jump to concusions and stepped on my lip there and thought I'd better change the way I respond to things so I don't sound like I'm talking out my backside because my mouth knows better.

If it wasn't for jumping the gun before I talk and jumping on my high horse on occassions then I'd get very little exercise.

I'll hang my head in a momment of silence to give myself an attitude check. Thanks Montana
    Hey... this is about one fella screwing EVERYONE - huge companies, trucking companies, fuel companies... even governments are dumping cash into these money changer's hands. And the funny thing is - NONE of the green monies help do anything to make anything green! LMAO

Reguardless... your input is always welcome in my topics, no matter what it is.

us

Jan 2009
    5 times

Yes. I'm screwing the goverment by not responding to their tactics their way.

Gore= no money out of my pocket.

Auto bailout= I'll go back to walking if I have to, too reduce the oil consumption that I use.

Earth sheltered houses and solar work for me.

With all my hot air, I should put up a wind turbine.

Did I forget a couple of ideas.

I'll sleep on it and try to focus.

us
    Sep 2004
    Kingman AZ
    36 times

Here's some food for thought concerning "going green". We average 500Kw a month . Some months are about 350 and some are as much as 850 . With a south facing roof and the Arizona sun shining almost every day what would it cost me to go solar ? My average bill is about $75 a month . We have "buy back" for .09 per Kw . After you figure ALL costs figure out the monthly payment on the purchase of the system along with interest . Be sure to include $9.50 a month just to be connected to the power company . There are some minor taxes as well but they will all come out in the wash . Do I win , lose or break even ?
    TOM
    KINGMAN LODGE #22 F&AM KINGMAN, ARIZONA
    NRA
    LDMA
    U.S. PARATROOPER

pippinwhitepaws

short term you loose troop...one of the serious problems with conversion to solar, wind is the cost...and i believe that cost, like most cost of living items, is artificially inflated...over the long term..if you survive the politically based road blocks and cost...it works, and you can save money while helping to improve air quality.

i really have issues with batteries in the system...major nasty to create or dispose of...same with the computer control systems use in most green systems...
    there has to be a median, where the choke hold oil companies have on individual homes is broken.
    there was a time, that most cities had electric trolleys to transport people...big oil bought out these companies, and destroyed the trolley systems...

us
    Sep 2004
    Kingman AZ
    36 times

Thanks Pip , the alternative is to put the panels up and use the sun by day . Sell what I don't use and use their electricity at night and as a supplement on less than sunny days . This gets rid of batteries and all the other high dollar stuff .Lower buy in but still tethered . The alternative is to plug stuff into the wall and pay the $75 bucks . I would think that the fact that I am 63 would factor in as well . We have no children so the place goes to my brother or her sister depending on ...... well , you know . I would think that Nobama should recognize this situation and give solar to everyone and just take a payment equal to the average payment every month . As time goes on and prices go up I will pay less . Since the monthly payment would be what I'm paying now I would jump on board . However , I don't see it happening .
    TOM
    KINGMAN LODGE #22 F&AM KINGMAN, ARIZONA
    NRA
    LDMA
    U.S. PARATROOPER

us
    Dec 2005
    Eugene, Oregon
    Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
    85 times

Not to get too far off topic, but since someone brought it up....

Solar is just fine if you want to save money in the long run only. So is wind in certain areas.... but still, you got any idea how much mining is taking place to produce those panels and windmills and batteries?

In my opinion, not saving the earth at all.

But hey, at least Al isn't making a dime off you so you got that going for you!

us
    Apr 2006
    Tennessee/Texas
    Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
    3 times

I think personal grid tied systems are great. They don't use battries and in the end you usually break even or pay just a little. We consume so much that a few solar panels and a small wind turbine should not be as much materials as buying another car. I HATE being lied to!!!!T Al was scum as my senator in Tennessee, and experience has taught me that he cannot be trusted. I like so many others want to help keep our planet clean, but I cannot stand liars. To me lying is more disgusting than throwing trash out your car window by far. I do not care what party you belong to, do not except liars ever and Al is one of the worst.
    Arooooooo Wolf Pack

us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB
    63 times

Another point. I've been looking at some scientific literature about global warming. There's several scientists that have been studying the arctic before Gore & his cronies. They have shown evidence that this "global warming" is a cycle that has happened before at least twice. Nope no dinosaurs have died etc. Try finding these studies! Very difficult. If you really dig deep there is proof that the only parts of the ice cap that are melting is really small, like 10 or 15 percent. It's all on one side of Antarctica. The larger portion on the other side is actually thickening Do we see any of these studies? Do we see any of the studies showing the ice cap thickening? Where's Gore & all his propaganda now that he's made enough money to last the rest of his life? Are we gonna see the real science? NO! too many people are gonna continue making big bucks on green.

Has anyone looked at the power companies? Most power companies are on a pretty much fixed budget. I won't name the company I'm talking about but I know for a fact Green is being promoted big time. Less consumption = less strain on the system, less strain = less upgrades, new facilities, maintenance costs. Also, another plus is the power generated by private solar & wind systems putting power on the grid in off peak hours which lessens strain on the system. A big plus for the power companies that doesn't get any mention.

My question that never gets answered. If everyone switches to the new "wonder bulbs" what happens when they burn out? What do you do with a gazillion bulbs that have mercury in them. Who's gonna pay for disposal of them? Technically they're a hazmat problem. We don't hear about that from Gore & his Greenie buddies do we?
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

Conservative Cherokee "WP" (Wolf Pack 4Ever)

Jan 2008
    Louisiana
    Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
    69 times

Dang that Old Boogeyman, come in here with facts and legitimate questions, not some factitious post found on a bias site like MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, etc. Now that's gonna give some of these Kool Aid drinkers indigestion.

us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB
    63 times

Good eveining Gray Cloud,

Facts?!?!?! What I stated about the power company is FACT I worked for the Company! I know this as fact because I was in the meetings. I had the opportunity to talk casually with almost all the executive officers about how things worked. I hung out with the guy that heads the renewable energy stuff. Yes, I'm FERC NERC & Homeland certified, my dept was involved with almost everything the company was doing. Facts? Get on the net and read a little! Not the media propaganda thats stuffed down you throat. MSNBC CBS ABC & the other controlled media?!?! Apparently you haven't read any of my other posts etc. I've seen & been on the poo end of the stick due to the media. I've had the displeasure of trying to get a news agency in Ca. to report the facts not what they felt was entertaining. How about seeing people I know on TV & having to ask them did you really say that? Reply "Nope, it was edited out of context".

Before you jump on me, do a little reading / researching. News Pfffft

You have yourself a nice night Gray Cloud!
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

us
    Apr 2006
    Tennessee/Texas
    Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
    3 times

Ummmm, Boogeyman, If I am correct, Greycloud was using sarcasm to agree with you in actuality. I don't think he was jumping on you at all. It's sort of like he said "Boogeyman, how dare you post facts!!! Everyone who supports MMGW hates those darn facts don't you know " See, actually Greycloud along with me agrees with you.
    Arooooooo Wolf Pack

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors