Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Smee

More warming . . . How can we cope?

All this global warming, falling so early in the year, how are we going to cope? Put another log on the air coditioner!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/...news/#40539054

us
    Apr 2006
    Tennessee/Texas
    Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
    3 times

Re: More warming . . . How can we cope?

Quote Originally Posted by Smee
    All this global warming, falling so early in the year, how are we going to cope? Put another log on the air coditioner!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/...news/#40539054
    We we just talking about this today about 20 min ago. Now before anyone jumps I am not claiming any scientific proof of any kind here, and that is my disclaimer.
    Back on course. Here in South Texas we grow citrus and since it is warm you have three year around growing seasons. You have to be careful about freezes though. In early Jan last year it got down to 28 degrees on night. Murder for the Rio Red Grape fruit and valley lemons, except for one factor. The skins on the fruit were thick enough to endure the cold. Now that is not normal. Why were the skins that thick? Well we had a cold front come in late in November. In fact Tennessee got a good snow then (not in the mountains) and that is very early. It stayed cool for most of December. Because it had been cool for a long time in the RGV ( about a month) when the freezing temperature came the fruit had already developed the thick skin that saved the crop, even with the fruit covered in ice.
    Now this year a ice storm hit Tennessee on November 25, and I mean West Tennessee, almost unheard of. As a matter of fact I cannot remember ever seeing Ice before December in West Tennessee. A couple of snow flurries possibly, but that is it.

Now it is a scientific fact that we have been in a cooling trend since 1998, but unlike the Global warmers I will not blame this on man but rather nature. Regardless I understand that it gets cool in the winter at least I understand that better it seems than the MMGW lugnuts understand it gets hot in the summer. Hey, newsflash. The winter will end and brother here in South Texas it will get hot, mighty mighty hot!! The thing that should be looked at is not is it cold, but how early this chilly weather is starting and when it ends. Now this is mostly just my opinion, but I feel it is a well founded opinion.
    Arooooooo Wolf Pack

Conservative Cherokee "WP" (Wolf Pack 4Ever)

Jan 2008
    Louisiana
    Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
    67 times

Yep, Boys yaw have a good point about all this man made global warming.
    But I will tell you something else.
    If we let this mmgw continue, I am gonna to have to build a fire under my old deisel pickup to get the dang thing started. These cold mornings have bout done the old gal in.

Smee

I live in Crossett, Arkansas. Snowed here until about noon today. For those of you who don't know, we are less than 8 miles from the border with Louisiana . . . lots of folks there had snow as well.

My employer is about 70 years old, and was born about 30 miles northeast of where I am right now. He said he has never seen snow this early in December in his lifetime.

If it gets much warmer here, I don't know what I'm gonna do.

us
    Apr 2006
    Tennessee/Texas
    Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by Smee
    I live in Crossett, Arkansas. Snowed here until about noon today. For those of you who don't know, we are less than 8 miles from the border with Louisiana . . . lots of folks there had snow as well.

My employer is about 70 years old, and was born about 30 miles northeast of where I am right now. He said he has never seen snow this early in December in his lifetime.

If it gets much warmer here, I don't know what I'm gonna do.
    I think you state what I am observing very well Smee. Last winter was no colder than many others I have seen, but they sure have been coming earlier. Of course I do not want to read into anything I am just stating the last two winters really have been early.
    Arooooooo Wolf Pack

Smee

Do you reckon they'll thaw out enough to respond before the new year?

Just imagine how cold you MMGW nuts would be without the warming.

Conservative Cherokee "WP" (Wolf Pack 4Ever)

Jan 2008
    Louisiana
    Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
    67 times

I agree. Taint no global warming, just global bloviating.

Sponsors