Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Too Quiet In Here ...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation - ---= Wolfpack Rocks! =---

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    3045 times
    Cache Hunting

Too Quiet In Here ...

Does this mean that Global Warming has gone away?

Just after I was released to drive after my heart attack, I remember looking at an article on CNN's app that was talking about how India was experiencing the biggest heat wave ever ... there was even a picture of a large group of men drinking bottled water to try to beat the heat.

Upon closer examination of the image, everyone was wearing dark long sleeve shirts or colored long sleeve shirts. Hmm ... then I looked a bit closer and no one was sweating. They couldn't be faking a news story --- could they?

One more thought before I close this post:

Scientific Consensus: I remember reading here before I was banned about how "scientific consensus" proves that global warming is real.

So, I was just wondering ... does that mean that eugenics is a proven science? There was, after all, a "scientific consensus" that it (the theory AND science behind eugenics) was accurate as late as 1940.

us
    Tightwad De Luxe

Apr 2014
    In ur innerwebz
    109 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadeaux View Post
    Does this mean that Global Warming has gone away?

Just after I was released to drive after my heart attack, I remember looking at an article on CNN's app that was talking about how India was experiencing the biggest heat wave ever ... there was even a picture of a large group of men drinking bottled water to try to beat the heat.

Upon closer examination of the image, everyone was wearing dark long sleeve shirts or colored long sleeve shirts. Hmm ... then I looked a bit closer and no one was sweating. They couldn't be faking a news story --- could they?

One more thought before I close this post:

Scientific Consensus: I remember reading here before I was banned about how "scientific consensus" proves that global warming is real.

So, I was just wondering ... does that mean that eugenics is a proven science? There was, after all, a "scientific consensus" that it (the theory AND science behind eugenics) was accurate as late as 1940.

Well...are the eugenicists wearing long-sleeved shirts?

Nov 2007
    somewhere between here and there, south of over there but north of that place
    titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
    368 times
    gee you had a heart attack. I hope you never have another. Get well.
    when you tug on a single thing in nature, you'll find it's connected to the rest of the world. John muir

us

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    3045 times
    Cache Hunting
    Thanks Davest. Not planning on another ... lots of walking and (don't tell my doctor) bicycle riding.

The doctor said that I had a mild heart attack, but that it was a precursor to a major one. They did a quadruple bypass (he called it a "cabbage"), and it made me feel about 20 years younger.

The biggest surprise (to some) was that I actually had a heart.
    Jim in Idaho and dieselram94 like this.

us
    Dec 2006
    Central Minnnesota
    White's DFX & VX3
    249 times
    I was wondering about that.

us
    Feb 2015
    North Central PA
    Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
    1887 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    The phenomenon of "global warming" is real...........the contributors...........deterioration of the ozone from aerosol usage into the 70's, carbon emissions, global tilting from tidal wave sloshings and precession........throw in solar flare bursts changing the magnetic field and you have a platform for anyone with a soapbox............

Only a couple of those factors can be controlled/changed...................
    Back to the hunt.........

us

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    3045 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Chizzy View Post
    The phenomenon of "global warming" is real...........the contributors...........deterioration of the ozone from aerosol usage into the 70's, carbon emissions, global tilting from tidal wave sloshings and precession........throw in solar flare bursts changing the magnetic field and you have a platform for anyone with a soapbox............

Only a couple of those factors can be controlled/changed...................
    We're going to have to disagree. REAL science understands that the sun causes warming. Real science understands that temperature variations are cause by variations in the amount of energy being released by the sun (thus the global warming cited on Jupiter, which has no gas guzzling SUVs, no coal fired plants, but does have plenty of Jupiter NATURAL PHENOMENA).

Your scientists who promote "Man Made Global Warming" come from the same group of pseudo scientists who told us back in the 1970's that we were headed for a GLOBAL ice age. They use the same ice cores to make totally divergent statements as though they actually had a clue.

The FACT is, they are driven by MONEY. Scaring some people will make them hand over everything they have.

There is a famous being who once said: “Skin for skin. A man will give everything that he has for his life." He understands how people without strong convictions are easily swayed to give up everything they have (including money) if you convince them their lives are at stake.

The quote comes from Job 2:4 ... and is still true of the naive and fearful masses, thus the MMGW crowd of pseudo scientists are trying to rule the world in exchange for their alleged salvation of the world from their fabricated disaster.
    Last edited by Chadeaux; Jul 08, 2015 at 09:45 AM. Reason: clarification.

us
    Aug 2012
    New Mexico USA
    1073 times
    Prospecting
    I think the correct term is Climate Change not global warming.
    Chop wood..Carry water

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GMT, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    1519 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Well, it is now, hv. It was changed from "Global Warming" when the earth started cooling 10 years ago. If you don't win the argument, just change the name so you are winning....typical political BS.....LOL
    Jim
    dieselram94 likes this.

us

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    3045 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    One thing folks should think about ... or at least I do ... with honest people, the nomenclature of their subject remains constant. It doesn't change based on which way the wind is blowing or how warm the sun is or isn't.
    dieselram94 and Jim in Idaho like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2015
    Oklahoma
    3424 times
    Global warming, Climate change. It's just the constant history of our planets changing climate. How many hot to cold and cold to hot climates has this old world seen anyway......I say nature will always take its course and we will thrive with whatever comes our way or just die out.
    Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand. - Tribe Unknown. Those that lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. - Blackfoot

us
    Feb 2015
    North Central PA
    Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
    1887 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    We're going to have to disagree.................
    Not really in disagreement.........I'm more inclined to attribute most of the warming trend to natural phenomenon, as stated. But, to not include the small footprint humanity has in the change wouldn't give a complete picture.
    And, I'll stay away from the political aspects of cause/effect to dollars and votes.........respecting the rules of the forum.............
    Back to the hunt.........

us
    Aug 2012
    New Mexico USA
    1073 times
    Prospecting
    One thing folks should think about ... or at least I do ... with honest people, the nomenclature of their subject remains constant. It doesn't change based on which way the wind is blowing or how warm the sun is or isn't.
    I thought the change was funny. An attempt to keep the ball in play.
    Chop wood..Carry water

us
    May 2015
    Eastern Oregon
    Minelab 4500 and Fisher Gold Bug 2
    35 times
    History- Colonial - Old West & detecting
    Like California, we here in Eastern Oregon are in a drought as judged by the levels of water in our reservoirs. Ten years ago Malheur Reservoir was totally empty and will go dry at the end of this season. And a decade or so before that the same condition occurred and in the 1920's and 30's we had a multi-year drought that destroyed the fruit orchards. So with all this powerful data at my back, I can safely say that "Climate Change" is alive and well in Eastern Oregon and will remain so for the foreseeable future. I believe it has been so for all of earth's history and also believe that mankind isn't having as much of an impact as some would have us believe.
    Chadeaux and dieselram94 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2010
    Somewhere in the AZ desert
    3390 times
    Thanks Davest. Not planning on another ... lots of walking and (don't tell my doctor) bicycle riding.

The doctor said that I had a mild heart attack, but that it was a precursor to a major one. They did a quadruple bypass (he called it a "cabbage"), and it made me feel about 20 years younger.

The biggest surprise (to some) was that I actually had a heart.
    Sounds like we're in the same boat, my friend.

I was diagnosed with a Left Ventricle Evacuation Fraction of 39%. Normal is 55-60%. Beginning stages of congestive heart failure. Guess I have a heart too.

Still won't stop me. Need to do more prospecting and less paperwork. Rebuilding a business sucks as far as getting enough exercise. Desk work is making me fat and lazy.
    Mining is how I make my living. I turn mountains into dust on a daily basis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links