Seems the global warming crowd has left the building...
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree16Likes
  • 4 Post By dieselram94
  • 4 Post By Jim in Idaho
  • 3 Post By Chadeaux
  • 2 Post By dieselram94
  • 1 Post By dieselram94
  • 2 Post By Limitool

Thread: Seems the global warming crowd has left the building...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Moving forward! "WP"

Jun 2011
    Mid Coast Maine
    Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
    6663 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Seems the global warming crowd has left the building...

This forum seems to have been vacated by the global warming propagandist crowd...
    I am left to assume their getting under the blankets to stay warm for the coming cold winter!

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!
    Restore Freedom and get us out of the UNITED NATIONS NOW!!!!!!
    NOT a member of the recipient class...
    plp1.org

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    3254 times
    Prospecting
    LOL....you need to catch up on the jargon....it isn't global warming anymore,,,it's "climate change". That way ANY change to the climate calls for people to give up their way of life and go live in a cave.....except for the alarmists....they're immune ya know, because they're smarter than the rest of us.
    Jim

us
    Moving forward! "WP"

Jun 2011
    Mid Coast Maine
    6663 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho View Post
    LOL....you need to catch up on the jargon....it isn't global warming anymore,,,it's "climate change". That way ANY change to the climate calls for people to give up their way of life and go live in a cave.....except for the alarmists....they're immune ya know, because they're smarter than the rest of us.
    Jim
    Absolutely! Well said!

plp1.org

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6137 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho View Post
    Jim
    ... and we must not forget that they use several other "monikers" for the scheme, my favorite of which is, "global wierding" --- even has its own website Global Weirding
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

us
    Moving forward! "WP"

Jun 2011
    Mid Coast Maine
    6663 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadeaux View Post
    ... and we must not forget that they use several other "monikers" for the scheme, my favorite of which is, "global wierding" --- even has its own website Global Weirding
    Hmm, "global weirding " I think this term applies to the left much more than it applies to the climate. Sure explains Obama voters!

Oregon Viking and austin like this.
    plp1.org

us
    Darrin

May 2013
    Minnesota
    Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
    1984 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Come on guys - Climate Change is a real problem and you know it. Yesterday it was nice and sunny and today it's raining!!!
    Trying to find the lost ~

us

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6137 times
    Cache Hunting
    Here in south Arkansas, the saying is: "If you don't like the weather, stick around and it'll change."

Climate is in fact, another story. It amused me when a couple of nights ago, they were comparing the extinction of the dinosaurs ... saying they died off because of climate change.

So, I wonder what kind of rad SUV's they drove around in?
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

us
    Moving forward! "WP"

Jun 2011
    Mid Coast Maine
    6663 times
    Here in south Arkansas, the saying is: "If you don't like the weather, stick around and it'll change."

Climate is in fact, another story. It amused me when a couple of nights ago, they were comparing the extinction of the dinosaurs ... saying they died off because of climate change.

Must have been the gas guzzling Fred Flintstone mobile!
    http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims...ilegermany.jpg

Oregon Viking likes this.
    plp1.org

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    12178 times
    Metal Detecting
    We grew cantelopes for the first time ever this year. The vines usually get frosted before they are ripe.

You may not believe in it, but this time of year I'm usually shivering in a tree stand for bow deer season. Now it's T-shirt and mosquitoes. Ticks are epicdemic. Emerald ash borer beetles are winning because of the milder winters (not killing the adults/eggs with sub 10F weeks) and we have ash trees falling down (though they burn good so I'm not too upset). Maple trees are stressed and covered with lichen. We raise chickens, sheep and turkeys and I note how many times a day I have to carry water to them If it's not frozen in January by suppertime something is changing . . . and that has been the case. I'm all for this!

Something has changed in the last five years to reduce the fall and winter cold whether it's warming, climate, or happy thoughts. I work at a wastewater treatment plant and the rainfall is also short significantly for the last three years (much of our system is combined storm/sanitary lines). And the trend is downward in the last 15 years with spikes in 2006 and 2011. Warmer and drier.

Whether humans are the culprits I can't say.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    Brookings-Harbor Oregon
    Bounty hunter gold digger Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats Keene A52P Blue Bowl Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
    11685 times

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flintstones.gif 
Views:	83 
Size:	490.6 KB 
ID:	1223360

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.

Time is like a river. You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of your life.

A student said to his master, "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied, "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than to be a gardener in a war."

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    30474 times
    Posts deleted, please keep political comments out of posts...
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Brad - Wolfpack Proud

Jun 2013
    Middle TN. area
    White XLT Spectrum E-Series
    6271 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie P. (NY) View Post
    I totally agree Charlie.... But, I hope everybody can put our planet's changes in perspective from its beginning to now. Humans have ONLY been burning fossils fuels for a "minute". That statements meaning is meant (to all) to think about how some judge a "climate change". Based upon WHAT are "experts" saying we're in a climate change? And how do you relate it too human activity...?

Wouldn't "common sense" tell ALL OF US this planet has gone through more climate changes then humans will ever know about. How long has any human records recorded our planets climate to even recognize a change or relate it to a human activity? How long have humans burned fossil fuels as we do now....? MAYBE... 150 years? How long at the level we now do? Maybe 100+ years?

With that said maybe we had a small effect. But if we did it's very minimal (so I say) if at all. This planets atmosphere has been "adjusted" without any inference (from humans) for millions of years. But it seems, we as humans have to blame someone for EVERYTHING. If any adjustment means to us now as a major life alteration it has to be someone's fault. Some folks will find a way to make money and punish others for any hardship.

This planet is MUCH smarter and powerful than any human society will ever be (at this time). So, floods, winds, droughts and earthquakes will continue to occur despite all human activities.

So to think we somehow control or influence this planets "climate" to me is an arrogant statement. We're not that smart nor are we smart enough to even gage what is going on a decade scale.... We need to start on a 1000 year scale at minimum. And those numbers are not available upon the accuracy we now gage them.
    dieselram94 and Bass like this.
    I am a true blue Patriot who believes in the original Constitution's meaning. I'll bleed blood to defend it and resist those who want to diminish or alter its meaning or those rights stated within the Constitution.

us
    Moving forward! "WP"

Jun 2011
    Mid Coast Maine
    6663 times
    We grew cantelopes for the first time ever this year. The vines usually get frosted before they are ripe.

You may not believe in it, but this time of year I'm usually shivering in a tree stand for bow deer season. Now it's T-shirt and mosquitoes. Ticks are epicdemic. Emerald ash borer beetles are winning because of the milder winters (not killing the adults/eggs with sub 10F weeks) and we have ash trees falling down (though they burn good so I'm not too upset). Maple trees are stressed and covered with lichen. We raise chickens, sheep and turkeys and I note how many times a day I have to carry water to them If it's not frozen in January by suppertime something is changing . . . and that has been the case. I'm all for this!

Something has changed in the last five years to reduce the fall and winter cold whether it's warming, climate, or happy thoughts. I work at a wastewater treatment plant and the rainfall is also short significantly for the last three years (much of our system is combined storm/sanitary lines). And the trend is downward in the last 15 years with spikes in 2006 and 2011. Warmer and drier.

Charlie, I'm up in Maine and for at least five years the winters have become steadily colder and snowier. It's all just a natural cycle...

plp1.org

us

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6137 times
    Cache Hunting

The earth appears to have shifted on its axis, if the scientists are correct in their estimates. I remember reading about that after the big quake in Chile and then the really big one in Japan in 2011.

If I understand correctly, the sun should be at its most north position (just shy of due west) when it sets at the summer solstice, but never ABOVE due west ... not this year. Did anyone else notice that it was setting north of due west at the time of the solstice?

Since recovering my heart attack in February, I've taken up walking each day around sunset. I and my daughter walk about two miles daily, and the road I live on as well as the longest road where we walk are exactly due east/west. Why then, while walking west, would the sun be setting to the right of the road?

Think that might account for warmer summers rather than anything humans might have done.

That being said, if climate were REALLY changing, would we not see linear breaking of temperature records? Most of the records broken lately are 80 or so years old, but they are not every day. They are occasional records.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links