Guess Algore Figured: "Who Better To Drive The Gravy Train Than An Engineer?"
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By audigger53

Thread: Guess Algore Figured: "Who Better To Drive The Gravy Train Than An Engineer?"

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6137 times
    Cache Hunting

Guess Algore Figured: "Who Better To Drive The Gravy Train Than An Engineer?"

Dr Rajendra Pachauri: the clown of climate change has gone - Telegraph

The only sad thing about the resignation of Dr Rajendra Pachauri as chairman of the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) is that it was brought about by allegations of sexual harassment by a young female employee of his Delhi research body, The Energy and Resources Institute (Teri), from which he has also now stepped down.

Laughably described as “the world’s leading climate scientist”, this absurd figure, with his PhD in the economics of railway engineering from an obscure US university, should never have been given the job in the first place. As a vegetarian, he jetted round the world exhorting everyone else to save the planet by giving up air travel and meat. Thanks to the prestige of his position, his institute was showered with millions of dollars by international institutions, from global banks to Yale University (not to mention £10 million from British taxpayers).

But above all, Pachauri, with the looks of a pantomime villain, should have resigned when, in 2010, the super-scary IPCC report over which he presided in 2007 was shown – not least by this column and by the assiduous researchers of my co‑author, Richard North – to have been full of wildly unscientific errors emanating from green activists.

When we traced its claim that the Himalayan glaciers would have all but melted by 2035 to an obscure Indian scientist quoted by WWF (a claim so mad that even the IPCC had to withdraw it), we were even more amazed to find that Pachauri had hired the man responsible to be Teri’s chief glacier expert.

He may now finally have gone, But the damage he did to the IPCC’s credibility as a serious scientific body is irreparable. What a pity the politicians of the West, led by President Obama and our own here in Britain, still don’t seem to have noticed.

"When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

us
    Mar 2004
    Severn, Maryland
    None
    3199 times
    Cache Hunting
    If man was the source for Global Warming, then it should have happened from 1942-1956. More coal was used to make steel during WWII and the re-building afterwards. In 1963-4 "they were worried about us going into another Ice Age. Too many Solar Flares pushing the ambient heat from the Sun past the Earth. Man maybe responsible for 00.01% of the Global Warming, but the Sun is like 99% of it.
    But then they can't blame others and make money off it. IMHO
    Chadeaux likes this.

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6137 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by audigger53 View Post
    If man was the source for Global Warming, then it should have happened from 1942-1956. More coal was used to make steel during WWII and the re-building afterwards. In 1963-4 "they were worried about us going into another Ice Age. Too many Solar Flares pushing the ambient heat from the Sun past the Earth. Man maybe responsible for 00.01% of the Global Warming, but the Sun is like 99% of it.
    But then they can't blame others and make money off it. IMHO
    Very true, in fact, the "In Search Of" series had an episode entitled: "In Search Of The Coming Ice Age". It was published in 1978, Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) was the host.

Funny thing is ... the same scientists preaching a coming ice age then, have flipped and are the same ones who got the ball rolling and still push MMGW. So, what did they discover that made them change their minds?

Did they find new evidence that was overlooked then?

Did they get new ice cores that told them something different?

No, they saw that the money was better on the other side of the climate debate. If they could blame man, they could fleece the environmentalists while at the same time getting them on board to force the issue to their financial benefit.

You'll find links to the above named video in this forum here: The Coming Ice Age ... 1978

Be well.
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links