Founder of The Weather Channel (A Scientist) Calls Global Warming A Hoax!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By Chadeaux
  • 1 Post By sdcfia
  • 2 Post By Chadeaux
  • 2 Post By against the wind
  • 1 Post By piegrande

Thread: Founder of The Weather Channel (A Scientist) Calls Global Warming A Hoax!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6134 times
    Cache Hunting

Founder of The Weather Channel (A Scientist) Calls Global Warming A Hoax!

John Coleman was interviewed on CNN a few months back, and he had some interesting things to say about "Climate Change:"

"When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

us

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6134 times
    Cache Hunting
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

us

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6134 times
    Cache Hunting

pt
    Sep 2014
    7230 times
    The facts behind the factoids
    Game over.
    Chadeaux likes this.
    "Well, yeah, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
    Jeffrey "The Dude" Lebowski, 1998

us
    Knight of the Round Bowl

Feb 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    884 times
    Cache Hunting
    Coleman isn't taken seriously by the global climate science community. The argument to convince people otherwise is known as "appeal to authority"... which usually goes like "this guy did this <insert noteworthy achievement or credentials> , therefore he must be an expert at this <insert topic thats not the same as what they're an expert in>".

In this case, Coleman has a degree in Journalism and was the weatherman at a local TV station before he (along with other partners) created The Weather Channel during the birth of the cable tv boom.

Just because he read the weather for 30 years doesn't mean he can forecast it (he was given weather reports to read). Even if he was a bona-fide Meteorologist, that's a completely different field of study from Climate Science.

Even "if" he was a bona-Fide Climatologist espousing his conspiracy views - 1000's of other peer-reviewed (published) Climate scientists around the world have independently arrived at the conclusion that Climate Change is "real" and mankind is accelerating it to the detriment of our species.

us

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6134 times
    Cache Hunting
    Your avatar looks a bit like that Engineer that Al Gore is teamed up with. You know, the "Climate Engineer" guy?

Oh, you know the guy! He got his "Engineer" title from driving "Choo Choo Trains" in Pakistan.

Actually, he resembles the fella in your avatar. Any relation (Just kidding, just kidding ...)
    Ryano and Oddjob like this.

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    21341 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    You know what,, my friend Donald says it's Bunk.
    I'm gonna give it another 100 years of wait and see, before I give you an honest opinion.
    Oddjob and Chadeaux like this.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

mx
    May 2010
    500 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryano View Post
    Coleman isn't taken seriously by the global climate science community. The argument to convince people otherwise is known as "appeal to authority"... which usually goes like "this guy did this <insert noteworthy achievement or credentials> , therefore he must be an expert at this <insert topic thats not the same as what they're an expert in>".

In this case, Coleman has a degree in Journalism and was the weatherman at a local TV station before he (along with other partners) created The Weather Channel during the birth of the cable tv boom.

Just because he read the weather for 30 years doesn't mean he can forecast it (he was given weather reports to read). Even if he was a bona-fide Meteorologist, that's a completely different field of study from Climate Science.

Even "if" he was a bona-Fide Climatologist espousing his conspiracy views - 1000's of other peer-reviewed (published) Climate scientists around the world have independently arrived at the conclusion that Climate Change is "real" and mankind is accelerating it to the detriment of our species.
    Your posting, sir, was an appeal to authority. The authority of the scientists who get paid to claim there is global warming. Science is never a matter of consensus. There is no global warming. And, glaciers melt when the planet cools. Posting above.
    Chadeaux likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links