Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: How is global warming affecting your mood?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    2921 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Is that why I am always in a bad mad mood?
    Hillbilly Prince likes this.

Mar 2014
    48 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsil View Post
    Yeah well it IS winter down there right now. My sister and bro-in-law are wildlife biologists in Alaska and they attest to the shrinking tundra and glaciers there.
    Alarming!

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    4155 times
    Metal Detecting
    Yeah well it IS winter down there right now. My sister and bro-in-law are wildlife biologists in Alaska and they attest to the shrinking tundra and glaciers there.
    Yeah, I know it's winter. Just making a comment. Glaciers ARE melting. They do that in between glacial periods. This used to be called global warming, then global cooling was a possibility. Now, it's climate change, so they ( those that hate the human race ) can claim to be right no matter. The climate changes all the time, are we to blame this time? I don't know. They say the evidence is overwhelming. Not currently overwhelmed, myself.

Your home area used to be under a couple thousand feet of ice. Why did that go away? Natives have too many campfires?
    Chadeaux and 3cylbill like this.

"And so the population was gradually led into the demoralising temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilisation', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement." Tacitus, Roman Senator and Historian, written AD 98.

Charter Member
    us
    Period Six Mining and Exploration, LLC

Aug 2010
    Southeast Arizona
    4152 times
    Prospecting

If ya want something to really worry about things like the Bubonic Plague and the Spanish Flu still exist. They are constantly mutating and are only a few mutations away from a near extinction event on humanity.

Ask your sister and bil about the tree stumps that are being revealed from the glaciers melting. https://www.livescience.com/39819-an...est-thaws.html

Quite eloquent evidence of a climate that was once very different.
    Chadeaux and releventchair like this.
    Mining is how I make my living. I turn mountains into dust on a daily basis.

Charter Member
    us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    Mississippi
    XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
    16449 times
    What's global warming? It's hot in my state in December. Been that way since I was a little cuddly child. And I'm not grumpy, just ask my grumpy bride.
    Chadeaux and releventchair like this.
    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    1845 times
    Prospecting
    When its 40 below in gunnison this winter I'll be down for some warming. Anything to bring the feeling back!

mx
    May 2010
    397 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post
    Is it global warming ? I thought it was global cooling
    It is global cooling.
    Kray Gelder likes this.

us
    Oct 2014
    Amboy Wa.
    AT Pro
    441 times
    Metal Detecting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3294.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	1683806
    Where is the global warming taking place at?
    Not here at home.
    Kray Gelder likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    4155 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by holepuncher View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3294.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	1683806
    Where is the global warming taking place at?
    Not here at home.
    I once heard a climate "expert" say that weather and climate are two different, unrelated things. She said that's why people are confused. Huh? I would cite that reference if it wasn't for this confused funk I'm in.

"And so the population was gradually led into the demoralising temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilisation', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement." Tacitus, Roman Senator and Historian, written AD 98.

us
    May 2018
    Maryland
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    922 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kray Gelder View Post
    I once heard a climate "expert" say that weather and climate are two different, unrelated things. She said that's why people are confused. Huh? I would cite that reference if it wasn't for this confused funk I'm in.
    They are different in scale. Climate is the average of years, decades of weather. It is why the anti-science types like to point to occasional cold weather as if it disproves climate change. It does not. Measured ocean temperatures have risen in our lifetimes. The increase in temperatures has affected the distribution of animals. We had an active, if marginal, lobster fishery off the coast of Maryland up to three years ago. But the lobsters are moving north to follow cooler water temps. The few that remain can no longer support a fishery. That is not my opinion - it is a fact. Many of the species I used to fish for have moved far north (especially smelt). Others are still common but the center of their abundance is shifting northward (especially atlantic croakers). These shifts in distribution correspond to the temperature requirements of the species.

Always do right; this will gratify some and astonish the rest.
    - Mark Twain

Running 2019 CRH: Boxes of halves searched: 43; dimes: 2
    Total skunk boxes: 28 halves, 2 dimes
    90% halves from boxes: 29
    40% halves from boxes: 93
    Silver halves from teller trays: 16 - 40% halves
    Coinstar silver: 3 quarters, 1 dime

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    NC
    Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre, Nokta Pin pointer.
    3805 times
    Here in the south global warming has given us some pretty nice winters. I am not complaining and my mood is great!
    Chadeaux likes this.
    Dig till you drop!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links