Spanish Stonehenge revealed after spending decades underwater
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree12Likes
  • 4 Post By DeepseekerADS
  • 3 Post By Chadeaux
  • 2 Post By XLV
  • 1 Post By Chadeaux
  • 1 Post By XLV
  • 1 Post By worldtalker

Thread: Spanish Stonehenge revealed after spending decades underwater

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    18470 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!

'Spanish Stonehenge' revealed after spending decades underwater

https://www.foxnews.com/science/span...des-underwater

By Chris Ciaccia | Fox News

It may not be as well known as Stonehenge itself, but the "Spanish Stonehenge" is now visible for the first time in 50 years, after having spent the last half-century underwater.

Known as Dolmen de Guadalperal, the 7,000-year-old megalithic structure was spotted by NASA satellite images in July. Also known as the treasure of Guadalperal, the structure dates between 2,000 and 3,000 B.C. and is located in Peraleda de la Mata, a municipality of slightly more than 1,400 people and 105 miles away from Madrid.

The structure, of which there are approximately 150 stones, is back on dry land due to record heat and drought in Europe.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spanish-stonehenge.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	242.8 KB 
ID:	1755560

"Archeologists believe it was originally constructed as an enclosed space — a large stone house with a cap," NASA Observatory wrote on its website. "The dolmen could have served as a tomb, a site for religious rituals, or a trading hub since it was relatively easy to cross the river at this location."

NASA continued: "The most recent recorded exploration and excavation of the site was by German archaeologist Hugo Obermaier in the 1920s. By the time Obermaier’s findings were published in the 1960s though, Valdecañas Reservoir was filled, submerging history with water."

The world-famous Stonehenge circle was built around 2,500 B.C. during the late Neolithic period.

Name:	spanish-stonehenge-july-2013.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	228.8 KB 
ID:	1755561
    This photo was taken in July 2013. (Credit: NASA Earth Observatory, Lauren Dauphin, using Landsat data from the U.S. Geological Survey)

Name:	spanish-stonehenge-july-2019.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	197.0 KB 
ID:	1755562
    This photo was taken in July 2019. (Credit: NASA Earth Observatory, Lauren Dauphin, using Landsat data from the U.S. Geological Survey)

Although the Dolmen de Guadalperal, which was found in 1926, remains shrouded in mystery, one stone is believed to be the entrance. This stone dictates a squiggly line, assumed to be either a snake or the Tagus River.

If it is indeed the Tagus River, it could represent "one of the oldest maps on Earth," NASA added on its website.

LiveScience reports that it is likely that Dolmen de Guadalperal will be submerged again, once the wetter weather of the autumn and winter arrives. There have been groups who have advocated moving the monolithic structure to higher ground so it can be studied by researchers, but some warn that moving it could cause it to decay faster, the news outlet added.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6137 times
    Cache Hunting
    Well I'll be! You mean if you allow more water to run out of a dammed reservoir it proves MMGW?

Just like the "near extinction of the polar bear" and other made up MMGW lies I heard all weekend, they leave out the important parts like:

The addition of new areas using the reservoir for their municipal water supplies causing it to drain down faster.
    Allowing more agricultural use of the waters in the reservoir.

Listen, if you drain more than is put in, the water level goes down --- faster. I know it's a previously unknown scientific fact, but remember you heard it here first!
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

XLV
    Need MAX discrimination

Jul 2016
    South East Asia
    399 times
    Inspector
    Your on the money again Chadeaux ....I hope to see Greda using this as a new talking point soon.... my same thoughts just leave out the dam ...Put a quick spin leave out the fine print
    Chadeaux and Hillbilly Prince like this.

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6137 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by XLV View Post
    Your on the money again Chadeaux ....I hope to see Greda using this as a new talking point soon.... my same thoughts just leave out the dam ...Put a quick spin leave out the fine print
    I was talking about the Dam that holds the water back. It was a double "m" not a "mn".
    Hillbilly Prince likes this.
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

XLV
    Need MAX discrimination

Jul 2016
    South East Asia
    399 times
    Inspector
    Greda handlers won't tell her about the dam ...they just say it was caused by globe warming .....I seen this decades ago with riots that were never show on the news ...Building #7 Wtc that collapsed wasn't show on T.V. because if you seen it that day it would open your mind and you realize the talking points are all BS ....I mention this fact today this post will be gone...... i posted a video it was removed....sheep make up 95% of the world you got 3% lion tamers 1% controllers and the other 1% well they fight to the end ....Its all a game know your enemies
    Hillbilly Prince likes this.

us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    12183 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Thanks for posting this. I was looking for it again after seeing a post on a Mexico site, which I did not bookmark. Really interesting
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    12183 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadeaux View Post
    Well I'll be! You mean if you allow more water to run out of a dammed reservoir it proves MMGW?

Just like the "near extinction of the polar bear" and other made up MMGW lies I heard all weekend, they leave out the important parts like:

The addition of new areas using the reservoir for their municipal water supplies causing it to drain down faster.
    Allowing more agricultural use of the waters in the reservoir.

Listen, if you drain more than is put in, the water level goes down --- faster. I know it's a previously unknown scientific fact, but remember you heard it here first!
    Leave science out of this!
    Some days I think humans are just doomed. Then I think the humans who are doomed are those who deny science. There are some large countries where those in power see the world as it exists.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    21024 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by XLV View Post
    Greda handlers won't tell her about the dam ...they just say it was caused by globe warming .....I seen this decades ago with riots that were never show on the news ...Building #7 Wtc that collapsed wasn't show on T.V. because if you seen it that day it would open your mind and you realize the talking points are all BS ....I mention this fact today this post will be gone...... i posted a video it was removed....sheep make up 95% of the world you got 3% lion tamers 1% controllers and the other 1% well they fight to the end ....Its all a game know your enemies

Name:	Greta's Handler.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	1759879
    Chadeaux likes this.
    EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

​The Key...http://antidoteforall.com/

It is easier to convince someone of a lie , than to convince them they have been lied to . -Mark Twain

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links