Al Gore to blame for record Montana snowstorm this weekend - Page 15
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 240
Like Tree374Likes

Thread: Al Gore to blame for record Montana snowstorm this weekend

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #211
    cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    1,109
    1523 times
    hate serial posts but . . . .
    for those who enjoy scientific papers on a hot topic - see below

    Oscillations of the baseline of solar magnetic field and solar irradiance on a millennial timescale

    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-45584-3
    read 'em and weep guys, we're whizzing on our feet
    Americans never want to go back to the way America used to be

    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...merica-used-be

  2. #212
    Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2012
    West Coast
    AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
    210
    320 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by BillA View Post
    ah SM, you should have linked to Professor Valentina Zharkova

    I did think about doing that,.... and a link to the book by Robert Felix, but I was unsure about the forum rule on links.
    (And, I knew readers who wanted to learn more would start digging, these guys are experts at digging,...LOL)
    BillA likes this.

  3. #213
    cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    1,109
    1523 times
    aye, diggins what we do best
    read 'em and weep guys, we're whizzing on our feet
    Americans never want to go back to the way America used to be

    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...merica-used-be

  4. #214
    us
    Apr 2009
    Cornfield, IN
    F-22, cheapo pinpointer
    1,198
    868 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Well, it's been a week and still no answers to my questions in post #143 and no papers like davest requested. I’ll reply to Chadeaux however, as he posted some evidence, although his interpretation was entirely incorrect. Even from the two images that were posted by Chadeaux, one can easily discern that there is LESS ice in the 2018? image than the 1984 image which means that Greenland is losing, not gaining ice. Just to confirm, I decided to go to Google Earth and get the imagery at a finer resolution. Here’s what I found… All images courtesy of Google Earth and were from Greenland (N, S, E, and W) and were from 12/1984 and 12/2016. Each shows a loss of ice from 1984 - 2016. I left either the timeline slider in the upper left or imagery date at the bottom of each image for reference.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greenland North 1984.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	1761725Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greenland North 2016.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	1761726
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greenland East 1984.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	1761727Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greenland East 2016.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	1761728
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greenland South 1984.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	1761729Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greenland South 2016.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	1761730
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greenland West 1984.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	1761731Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greenland West 2016.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	1761732


    While some areas of Greenland may gain ice from year to year, the gains have been more than offset by the losses in other areas. If the images aren't enough, here's some information about the rate of loss of Greenland's ice:

    Greenland Ice Sheet Today | Surface Melt Data presented by NSIDC

    As far as Zharkova's paper about the double dynamo and grand solar minimum that runs from 2020-2055, let's just bump this thread in 2025. If she's correct, the effects of the solar minimum should more than offset the effects of MMGW and even I may be hoping for a little global warming.

    Kindest regards,
    Kantuck
    Last edited by Kantuckkeean; Oct 14, 2019 at 10:06 PM.

  5. #215
    us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

    Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    5,345
    6132 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantuckkeean View Post
    Well, it's been a week and still no answers to my questions in post #143 and no papers like davest requested. I’ll reply to Chadeaux however, as he posted some evidence, although his interpretation was entirely incorrect. Even from the two images that were posted by Chadeaux, one can easily discern that there is LESS ice in the 2018? image than the 1984 image which means that Greenland is losing, not gaining ice. Just to confirm, I decided to go to Google Earth and get the imagery at a finer resolution. Here’s what I found… All images courtesy of Google Earth and were from Greenland (N, S, E, and W) and were from 12/1984 and 12/2016. Each shows a loss of ice from 1984 - 2016. I left either the timeline slider in the upper left or imagery date at the bottom of each image for reference.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greenland North 1984.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	1761725Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greenland North 2016.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	1761726
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greenland East 1984.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	1761727Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greenland East 2016.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	1761728
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greenland South 1984.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	1761729Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greenland South 2016.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	1761730
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greenland West 1984.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	1761731Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greenland West 2016.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	1761732


    While some areas of Greenland may gain ice from year to year, the gains have been more than offset by the losses in other areas. If the images aren't enough, here's some information about the rate of loss of Greenland's ice:

    Greenland Ice Sheet Today | Surface Melt Data presented by NSIDC

    As far as Zharkova's paper about the double dynamo and grand solar minimum that runs from 2020-2055, let's just bump this thread in 2025. If she's correct, the effects of the solar minimum should more than offset the effects of MMGW and even I may be hoping for a little global warming.

    Kindest regards,
    Kantuck
    As stated before, your folks have removed the data that didn't agree with what they want the people to believe is true. Haven't had time to go through backups yet as I have a big project going on right now. Will bring them when done with this project on 11/3/2019. Then I'll have the time to find the images for you.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

    A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

  6. #216
    us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    4,401
    11923 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    To be honest, this is not a very interesting discussion to me. Because it feels like tail chasing. No sane person wants trash and pollution, but if you are skeptical of MMGW, the assumption appears to be you also want to dump oil in the nearest lake.

    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...exist-practice

    https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/08/...lobal-warming/

    So...how does the world interfere with the cycles of the planet? Is it really a good idea to stop glaciers from melting? If it is a good idea, how do you do it? How do you accomplish this monstrous task? Someone point out how we lower the temperature of an entire planet, and what is the ideal temp for everyone?
    In time, I think technology can help us deal with trash.
    Maybe that is a more realistic goal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	greta-successor-of-christ-2-1024x573.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	1763987  
    Chadeaux and Rebel - KGC like this.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

  7. #217
    us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

    Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    5,345
    6132 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly Prince View Post
    To be honest, this is not a very interesting discussion to me. Because it feels like tail chasing. No sane person wants trash and pollution, but if you are skeptical of MMGW, the assumption appears to be you also want to dump oil in the nearest lake.

    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...exist-practice

    https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/08/...lobal-warming/

    So...how does the world interfere with the cycles of the planet? Is it really a good idea to stop glaciers from melting? If it is a good idea, how do you do it? How do you accomplish this monstrous task? Someone point out how we lower the temperature of an entire planet, and what is the ideal temp for everyone?
    In time, I think technology can help us deal with trash.
    Maybe that is a more realistic goal.
    HP, your image didn't come through in the quote, but I really do believe that the this crazy environmentalism is becoming a "religion".
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

    A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

  8. #218
    us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    4,401
    11923 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadeaux View Post
    HP, your image didn't come through in the quote, but I really do believe that the this crazy environmentalism is becoming a "religion".
    I'll try again. Greta has a few mental issues according to her mother.

    https://magamedia.org/2019/09/24/gre...ental-illness/

    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...blic-criticism

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	greta-successor-of-christ-2-1024x573.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	1764055
    Rebel - KGC likes this.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

  9. #219
    us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    4,401
    11923 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I think it's too late to unravel the enviromental issues which need to be dealt with from the right\left divide, and now we have a cult of hysterical children.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

  10. #220
    us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

    Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    5,345
    6132 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly Prince View Post
    I think it's too late to unravel the enviromental issues which need to be dealt with from the right\left divide, and now we have a cult of hysterical children.
    . . . and don't forget, religion.

    "Welcome to the Church of Climatology!"
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

    A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

  11. #221
    us
    Sep 2019
    Georgia
    Fisher F22
    40
    70 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Ok you sold me on climate change. Now what’s your plan to stop it?
    One thing is clear: The Founding Fathers never intended a nation where citizens would pay nearly half of everything they earn to the government.-Ron Paul

  12. #222
    us
    Oct 2009
    8,910
    8087 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadeaux View Post
    . . . and don't forget, religion.

    "Welcome to the Church of Climatology!"

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3beyee.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	1764125

    Hillbilly Prince likes this.

  13. #223
    us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    4,401
    11923 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbabycsx View Post
    Ok you sold me on climate change. Now what’s your plan to stop it?
    Your $$$
    Rebel - KGC and Jbabycsx like this.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

  14. #224
    us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

    Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    5,345
    6132 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly Prince View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbabycsx View Post
    Ok you sold me on climate change. Now what’s your plan to stop it?
    Your $$$
    Uh oh, you're starting to sound like Albore --- that's what he said.
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

    A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

  15. #225
    us
    Apr 2009
    Cornfield, IN
    F-22, cheapo pinpointer
    1,198
    868 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadeaux View Post
    Uh oh, you're starting to sound like Albore --- that's what he said.
    The evidence that you presented (Greenland supposedly gaining ice) showed the exact opposite of what you claimed that it showed. I'm still waiting for some peer reviewed papers and your evidence... It seems that you have time to post, but you're not posting anything worthwhile.

    Kindest regards,
    Kantuck

 

 
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Snowstorm #2
    By jeff of pa in forum My Daily Snapshot
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Dec 06, 2016, 12:25 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Oct 26, 2011, 07:13 PM
  3. Weekend Finds: Barber QUINtet, Small Tribe, and a silver record!
    By filthyflyer39 in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Oct 24, 2011, 11:13 PM
  4. Mona Lisa & Montana Jim - Trippin Across Montana (Picture Heavy)
    By Montana Jim in forum My Daily Snapshot
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: Oct 02, 2009, 11:38 PM
  5. I did it! Set Detecting record! Montana Hat Trick!
    By ZumbroKid in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: May 08, 2006, 09:38 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0