Al Gore to blame for record Montana snowstorm this weekend - Page 16
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 226 to 240 of 240
Like Tree374Likes

Thread: Al Gore to blame for record Montana snowstorm this weekend

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #226
    us
    Apr 2009
    Cornfield, IN
    F-22, cheapo pinpointer
    1,228
    902 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly Prince View Post
    To be honest, this is not a very interesting discussion to me. Because it feels like tail chasing. No sane person wants trash and pollution, but if you are skeptical of MMGW, the assumption appears to be you also want to dump oil in the nearest lake.

    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...exist-practice

    https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/08/...lobal-warming/

    So...how does the world interfere with the cycles of the planet? Is it really a good idea to stop glaciers from melting? If it is a good idea, how do you do it? How do you accomplish this monstrous task? Someone point out how we lower the temperature of an entire planet, and what is the ideal temp for everyone?
    In time, I think technology can help us deal with trash.
    Maybe that is a more realistic goal.
    Zerohedge isn't a legit source and I didn't bother looking at it or the other link. I just know that bashing a teenager who is trying to make the world a better place for future generations is not a good look, especially if she does suffer from some sort of mental health issue.

    And your question, "Is it really a good idea to stop glaciers from meliting?" isn't the right question... The proper question is: "Is it a good thing to cause the glaciers to melt?" because that is what is occurring. If you live near the coast, the answer would be a resounding, "NO!"

    Trash is another issue entirely, and one that I don't wish to delve into on a thread about climate change.

    Kindest regards,
    Kantuck
    PetesPockets55 likes this.

  2. #227
    us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    4,558
    12077 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    What are your sources for stating Zerohedge is not legit?
    Anyway, this is not Zerohedge.

    https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/08/...omment-2128662

    Ggreta has some psychological issues, and her parents should be ashamed.
    What to do if China, India, and maybe half the US says no thanks to proposed solutions to MMGW?
    Chadeaux likes this.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

  3. #228
    us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    4,558
    12077 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The very universe is arrayed against us!
    Scientists are studying this stuff. And it is very complicated.
    Whether we are here or not the climate will change.
    I can't think of anything to be done which will stop glaciers from melting.
    Kantuck, imagine you are the Potus? What would you do to fix this?

    https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0703121407.htm

    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-45466-8

    "New evidence suggests that high-energy particles from space known as galactic cosmic rays affect the Earth's climate by increasing cloud cover, causing an 'umbrella effect"
    Chadeaux likes this.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

  4. #229
    us
    Apr 2009
    Cornfield, IN
    F-22, cheapo pinpointer
    1,228
    902 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly Prince View Post
    The very universe is arrayed against us!
    Scientists are studying this stuff. And it is very complicated.
    Whether we are here or not the climate will change.
    I can't think of anything to be done which will stop glaciers from melting.
    Kantuck, imagine you are the Potus? What would you do to fix this?

    https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0703121407.htm

    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-45466-8

    "New evidence suggests that high-energy particles from space known as galactic cosmic rays affect the Earth's climate by increasing cloud cover, causing an 'umbrella effect"
    I don't know that we could stop the glaciers from melting, although there are things that can be done to slow the rate.

    If I was POTUS, I wouldn't worry about the issues in those papers (i.e. poorly understood interactions of cosmic rays and low altitude cloud cover), nor would I worry about things that take place over a geologic time frame, because long time spans allow for adaptation of natural systems and human behavior. I'd focus on what humans can do to try to mitigate the major driver of climate change (i.e. GHG emissions), which is rapidly occurring, which is accelerating the loss of biodiversity (habitat loss is the major driver in the loss of biodiversity). If the climatologists and scientists focusing on these issues are correct, temperature and sea level rise may very well make certain regions and places uninhabitable (practically speaking) and drive large scale emigration and disruption of food production (which is already occurring).

    Would you vote for me?

    Kindest regards,
    Kantuck
    Last edited by Kantuckkeean; Oct 23, 2019 at 11:30 AM.

  5. #230
    us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

    Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    5,345
    6134 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantuckkeean View Post
    I don't know that we could stop the glaciers from melting, although there are things that can be done to slow the rate.

    If I was POTUS, I wouldn't worry about the issues in those papers (i.e. poorly understood interactions of cosmic rays and low altitude cloud cover), nor would I worry about things that take place over a geologic time frame, because long time spans allow for adaptation of natural systems and human behavior. I'd focus on what humans can do to try to mitigate the major driver of climate change (i.e. GHG emissions), which is rapidly occurring, which is accelerating the loss of biodiversity (habitat loss is the major driver in the loss of biodiversity). If the climatologists and scientists focusing on these issues are correct, temperature and sea level rise may very well make certain regions and places uninhabitable (practically speaking) and drive large scale emigration and disruption of food production (which is already occurring).

    Would you vote for me?

    Kindest regards,
    Kantuck
    Well, why don't you guys just sue the Sun, arrest the source of the cosmic rays, and impeach the cyclical nature of the planet we live on.

    Makes as much sense as saying that a planet which has been much warmer than it is today (and much colder as well --- as attested to by climate "scientists").

    Pseudo scientists used to be called "snake oil salesmen". Not sure when they gained credibility, but P.T. Barnum did say something about "there's a sucker born every minute!" maybe it's related to the lack of critical thinking fostered by the lemming like mentality of today's youth.

    Kantuckeean, which generation do you belong to? I'm gonna guess based on your arguments and the way you "converse on here" that you were born sometime after 1979. How far off am I?
    Hillbilly Prince likes this.
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

    A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

  6. #231
    us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    4,558
    12077 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantuckkeean View Post
    I don't know that we could stop the glaciers from melting, although there are things that can be done to slow the rate.

    If I was POTUS, I wouldn't worry about the issues in those papers (i.e. poorly understood interactions of cosmic rays and low altitude cloud cover), nor would I worry about things that take place over a geologic time frame, because long time spans allow for adaptation of natural systems and human behavior. I'd focus on what humans can do to try to mitigate the major driver of climate change (i.e. GHG emissions), which is rapidly occurring, which is accelerating the loss of biodiversity (habitat loss is the major driver in the loss of biodiversity). If the climatologists and scientists focusing on these issues are correct, temperature and sea level rise may very well make certain regions and places uninhabitable (practically speaking) and drive large scale emigration and disruption of food production (which is already occurring).

    Would you vote for me?

    Kindest regards,
    Kantuck
    At some point, survival instinct will step in if areas become uninhabitable. Things are gonna get messy.
    I have lost all trust in the political class.
    I don't get my news from Fox, btw. We shouldn't make assumptions about each other although I have been guilty and will probably do again
    Solar panels in this area would be problematic in this area what with the high winds and tornados.
    How much is the system for which you are saving?
    Kantuckkeean likes this.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

  7. #232
    us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    4,558
    12077 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadeaux View Post
    Well, why don't you guys just sue the Sun, arrest the source of the cosmic rays, and impeach the cyclical nature of the planet we live on.

    Makes as much sense as saying that a planet which has been much warmer than it is today (and much colder as well --- as attested to by climate "scientists").

    Pseudo scientists used to be called "snake oil salesmen". Not sure when they gained credibility, but P.T. Barnum did say something about "there's a sucker born every minute!" maybe it's related to the lack of critical thinking fostered by the lemming like mentality of today's youth.

    Kantuckeean, which generation do you belong to? I'm gonna guess based on your arguments and the way you "converse on here" that you were born sometime after 1979. How far off am I?
    If alternative energies were profitable in terms of investing capital and returns on invesrments, there would be little need for breaks given to people to buy an EV.
    The money to be made is tied to rebates, I expect. Selling books, speaking fees.
    Virtually everything can be clarified by following the money.
    Chadeaux likes this.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

  8. #233
    us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

    Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    5,345
    6134 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly Prince View Post
    Virtually everything can be clarified by following the money.
    BULLSEYE!
    Hillbilly Prince likes this.
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

    A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

  9. #234
    us
    Sep 2019
    Georgia
    Fisher F22
    40
    70 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    You can’t lump people together based on their age. I was born in 81 and consider myself a libertarian. There is a large group of us out there that believe the whole climate change thing is happening. I don’t think it’s deniable that the climate is changing. I just happen to believe that it is being used by those in power as another way to redistribute wealth and tax any and everything they can.
    One thing is clear: The Founding Fathers never intended a nation where citizens would pay nearly half of everything they earn to the government.-Ron Paul

  10. #235
    us
    Apr 2009
    Cornfield, IN
    F-22, cheapo pinpointer
    1,228
    902 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Mr. Prince,

    I didn’t assume that you got your news from Fox and I try not to assume anything about anyone, unlike some people on here. Tornados hit my area as well and are problematic for everything. If one was heading towards my house, the last thing on my mind would be the solar panels.

    Since you mentioned tax breaks and rebates for EVs and alternative energy production, let’s discuss the billion dollar tax breaks given to fossil fuel producers… actually, let’s not. Let’s just know that Exxon, BP, Halliburton, Duke, etc. get huge tax breaks

    When I considered pulling the trigger on a rooftop solar panel set up, if I recall correctly, it was around $38,000 with a 20-year warranty and should produce 67% of my consumption. I asked about adding some panels on the w-facing side of my roof and I believe that got me up to 87% at $45,000, although that’s just my recollection. That was several years ago, and I’m sure that prices have come down some. I’m hoping that efficiency has increased enough that I can produce 100% because there was some space on my roof that wasn’t included in their calculations. I’ll have to shop again, because now I’d really like a system with batteries and enough production capacity that would allow me to disconnect from the grid by having enough storage capacity to carry me through low producing times (especially winter months).

    Kindest regards,
    Kantuck

  11. #236
    us
    Apr 2009
    Cornfield, IN
    F-22, cheapo pinpointer
    1,228
    902 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Chadeaux,

    Since you can’t win the argument, you’re now trying to insult me by asking about which generation I come from and making assumptions about my age because of the way I, “converse on here.” My age has nothing to do with this argument. If I was 14, what would that prove? That you can’t win an argument against a 14 year-old? However, as with your argument that Greenland is gaining ice, you’re wrong again. I was born prior to 1979 and that’s as much as I'm willing to divulge. It matters not whether I'm 40 or 400 years old.

    Please stop spewing nonsense (e.g. suing the sun, arresting cosmic rays, etc.) if you cannot provide evidence that backs up your false narrative. The evidence that you presented showed the opposite of what you intended and made my argument for me. I find it ironic that in the other thread, you posted a quote about telling a lie often enough and it becomes the truth, because you’re the one pushing the false narrative that Greenland is gaining ice when it is, in fact, experiencing net loss of ice and has been for decades. People can lie as much as they like. The truth remains that Greenland is losing ice and glaciers are melting.

    Kantuck
    Last edited by Kantuckkeean; Oct 23, 2019 at 07:49 PM.
    PetesPockets55 likes this.

  12. #237
    us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

    Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    5,345
    6134 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantuckkeean View Post
    Chadeaux,

    Since you can’t win the argument, you’re now trying to insult me by asking about which generation I come from and making assumptions about my age because of the way I, “converse on here.” My age has nothing to do with this argument. If I was 14, what would that prove? That you can’t win an argument against a 14 year-old? However, as with your argument that Greenland is gaining ice, you’re wrong again. I was born prior to 1979 and that’s as much as I'm willing to divulge. It matters not whether I'm 40 or 400 years old.

    Please stop spewing nonsense (e.g. suing the sun, arresting cosmic rays, etc.) if you cannot provide evidence that backs up your false narrative. The evidence that you presented showed the opposite of what you intended and made my argument for me. I find it ironic that in the other thread, you posted a quote about telling a lie often enough and it becomes the truth, because you’re the one pushing the false narrative that Greenland is gaining ice when it is, in fact, experiencing net loss of ice and has been for decades. People can lie as much as they like. The truth remains that Greenland is losing ice and glaciers are melting.

    Kantuck
    Dodge the question? It goes to experience. Young people tend to be blind to the follies thrust upon them by smooth talking politicians and snake oil salesmen.

    Fortunately for me, I grew up in the sixties. I was in my teens when Slick Dick was being investigated. Taking a step back I thought I was smarter than others and wouldn't be suckered in by politicians who were ignoring that we were about to enter another ice age.

    What I should have done was pay attention to the words of the song:

    There were "clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right" and I was stuck in the middle. Had to learn to think for myself to avoid going off the deep end.

    Age does matter. You see, when I was a child, I used to think as a child, I spoke as a child. After getting burned enough, I became a man and put away childish things.

    What you think of as being childish in the way I speak to you, is an effort to get you to use the grey matter in your head as more than a weight that keeps your head from drifting away from your body at night.

    I'm 62, and I was snookered by climatologists over 45 years ago. I learned not to trust them then, and I definitely don't trust those same climatologists now. Yes, many of the same ones now screaming "the sky is falling!" because of "man made global warming" were screaming "the sky is falling!" because we were all going to freeze to death in a coming ice age if we didn't pay more taxes, give up our automobiles, go solar and wind power, but most of all it would happen if we didn't pay more taxes.

    Maybe it worked, I've definitely paid a lot more taxes since 1972.

    You just need to recognize greed when you see it. Otherwise, you're doomed to a life of servitude to the whims of this week's climate crisis.

    Guess that's life in the church of climatology.
    Last edited by Chadeaux; Oct 23, 2019 at 09:09 PM.
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

    A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

  13. #238
    us
    Apr 2009
    Cornfield, IN
    F-22, cheapo pinpointer
    1,228
    902 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I didn't dodge the question, even though a significant number of my questions and requests have been dodged. I said that I was born prior to 1979, that you were incorrect with your assumption, and that my age is irrelevant to the argument.

    I didn't think that you were speaking to me in a childish manner, just that you were spewing nonsense because you saw that your "evidence" in fact, showed the opposite of what you intended and that you were wrong about Greenland gaining ice. I get it. Nobody likes to be shown that they're wrong, when they've dug in deep. However, you are spinning a false narrative and providing evidence that supports my argument, while claiming that it supports yours.

    Kindest regards,
    Kantuck
    PetesPockets55 likes this.

  14. #239
    us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    4,558
    12077 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbabycsx View Post
    You can’t lump people together based on their age. I was born in 81 and consider myself a libertarian. There is a large group of us out there that believe the whole climate change thing is happening. I don’t think it’s deniable that the climate is changing. I just happen to believe that it is being used by those in power as another way to redistribute wealth and tax any and everything they can.
    There will always be people looking for a profit\power angle around any movement.
    The climate is cyclical. Good news about the hole in ozone layer.
    https://www.shtfplan.com/headline-ne...ecord_10222019

    NASA, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, says that Earth’s ozone hole is now the smallest it’s been since it’s discovery. Abnormally warm weather patterns in the upper atmosphere over Antarctica dramatically limited ozone depletion in September and October 2019, resulting in the smallest ozone hole since 1982, NASA and NOAA scientists reported.

    "NASA says the hole is smaller due to a “rare event.” That rare event is warmer weather patterns in the upper atmosphere over Antarctica and we constantly being told that warming is all manmade “climate change.” “It’s a rare event that we’re still trying to understand,” said Susan Strahan, an atmospheric scientist. “If the warming hadn’t happened, we’d likely be looking at a much more typical ozone hole.”
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

  15. #240
    us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    4,558
    12077 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadeaux View Post
    Dodge the question? It goes to experience. Young people tend to be blind to the follies thrust upon them by smooth talking politicians and snake oil salesmen.

    Fortunately for me, I grew up in the sixties. I was in my teens when Slick Dick was being investigated. Taking a step back I thought I was smarter than others and wouldn't be suckered in by politicians who were ignoring that we were about to enter another ice age.

    What I should have done was pay attention to the words of the song:

    There were "clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right" and I was stuck in the middle. Had to learn to think for myself to avoid going off the deep end.

    Age does matter. You see, when I was a child, I used to think as a child, I spoke as a child. After getting burned enough, I became a man and put away childish things.

    What you think of as being childish in the way I speak to you, is an effort to get you to use the grey matter in your head as more than a weight that keeps your head from drifting away from your body at night.

    I'm 62, and I was snookered by climatologists over 45 years ago. I learned not to trust them then, and I definitely don't trust those same climatologists now. Yes, many of the same ones now screaming "the sky is falling!" because of "man made global warming" were screaming "the sky is falling!" because we were all going to freeze to death in a coming ice age if we didn't pay more taxes, give up our automobiles, go solar and wind power, but most of all it would happen if we didn't pay more taxes.

    Maybe it worked, I've definitely paid a lot more taxes since 1972.

    You just need to recognize greed when you see it. Otherwise, you're doomed to a life of servitude to the whims of this week's climate crisis.

    Guess that's life in the church of climatology.
    I'm thinking Greta eill be the first saint and martyr of that church.
    The solutions generally seem to lead to taxes.
    Chadeaux likes this.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

 

 
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Snowstorm #2
    By jeff of pa in forum My Daily Snapshot
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Dec 06, 2016, 12:25 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Oct 26, 2011, 07:13 PM
  3. Weekend Finds: Barber QUINtet, Small Tribe, and a silver record!
    By filthyflyer39 in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Oct 24, 2011, 11:13 PM
  4. Mona Lisa & Montana Jim - Trippin Across Montana (Picture Heavy)
    By Montana Jim in forum My Daily Snapshot
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: Oct 02, 2009, 11:38 PM
  5. I did it! Set Detecting record! Montana Hat Trick!
    By ZumbroKid in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: May 08, 2006, 09:38 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0