What are some ways to help combat global warming? - Page 8
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Like Tree649Likes

Thread: What are some ways to help combat global warming?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
    3789 times
    Relic Hunting
    If we did plant more trees we would add more problems. There would be more gridlock on our roadways from folks driving electric vehicles who wished to get out and "Hug" these Trees.
    Hillbilly Prince likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    31061 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Saying "God Bless" is not a rule violation nor is it a discussion on religion.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Nov 2007
    somewhere between here and there, south of over there but north of that place
    titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
    1032 times
    Quote Originally Posted by worldtalker View Post
    So GOD takes a back seat eh?

only if he doesn't want to drive. Let's get back to two peer reviewed papers showing that sea levels are not rising, the atmosphere is not getting warmer, glaciers are not melting and it's all a scam. K?
    when you tug on a single thing in nature, you'll find it's connected to the rest of the world. John muir

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    21565 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by davest View Post
    only if he doesn't want to drive. Let's get back to two peer reviewed papers showing that sea levels are not rising, the atmosphere is not getting warmer, glaciers are not melting and it's all a scam. K?
    Read Mark Twain's quote in my signature.You can not help but believe that lie.Hopefully one day you will WAKE UP,but for now you have no idea you're even asleep.
    EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

​The Key...http://antidoteforall.com/

No one can be helped until he understands what he himself has been doing wrong and wants to change.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

us
    Apr 2009
    Cornfield, IN
    F-22, cheapo pinpointer
    1065 times
    If there's a Highway to Hell but only a Stairway to Heaven, perhaps that can tell us something about future traffic patterns and how GOD feels about how we're stewarding HIS creation.

Kindest regards,
    Kantuck
    davest and Megalodon like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    21565 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantuckkeean View Post
    If there's a Highway to Hell but only a Stairway to Heaven, perhaps that can tell us something about future traffic patterns and how GOD feels about how we're stewarding HIS creation.

Kindest regards,
    Kantuck
    Spirit doesn't have FEELINGS.

No one can be helped until he understands what he himself has been doing wrong and wants to change.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

us
    Apr 2009
    Cornfield, IN
    F-22, cheapo pinpointer
    1065 times
    Quote Originally Posted by worldtalker View Post
    Spirit doesn't have FEELINGS.
    That was a joke.

us
    Apr 2009
    Cornfield, IN
    F-22, cheapo pinpointer
    1065 times
    Quote Originally Posted by devldog View Post
    If we did plant more trees we would add more problems. There would be more gridlock on our roadways from folks driving electric vehicles who wished to get out and "Hug" these Trees.
    Tree huggers are actually loggers. The term came from folks doing timber surveys with dbh tapes to check volume. They'd throw the flexible measuring tape around the tree and catch it on the other side. It looked like they were hugging the tree to get the diameter measurement.

Applying derogatory terms to people who openly express their appreciation for the environment does little to forward the conversation. Everyone should be "Tree Huggers". I'm proud to call myself a tree hugger, even though I don't actually hug trees and annually fell and cut freshly dead trees to split for firewood. The emerald ash borer is killing all of the ash around me and those trees are actually becoming hazards to structures and many need to come down.

Think of everything that forests and trees give to people that you use on a daily basis and you might actually start to appreciate them... I'll start:

They clean the air by filtering particulates from the air on their surfaces through wet and dry deposition
    Clean water
    Rain
    Food (think apples, oranges, almonds, pecans, persimmons, pawpaws, avacados, bananas, walnuts, chestnuts, coconuts, etc. etc. etc.)
    Timber for buildings
    Firewood and fuel so that we can keep warm
    Furniture
    Shelter for wildlife
    Food for wildlife, including nectar and pollen for honeybees and other pollinators
    Paper
    Toilet paper
    Climate change mitigation by accumulating CO2 and releasing oxygen for us to breathe
    They intercept and utilize rainfall through evapotranspiration, dampening the effects of storms and mitigating flash flooding, protecting people and our structures
    They improve our mental health (and physical health) by reducing feelings of depression
    They even keep loggers cool by giving them shade.

In 2020, I'm going help plant trees on two continents and we'll probably plant a few hundred thousand trees and shrubs. I've been looking at future projections and if a couple of pieces fall into place, I wouldn't be surprised if we plant more than a million in 2021.

If I had the funding and support, I'd be planting billions. I may get there yet...

Kindest regards,
    Kantuck
    Last edited by Kantuckkeean; Dec 05, 2019 at 06:43 PM.

us
    Apr 2009
    Cornfield, IN
    F-22, cheapo pinpointer
    1065 times
    Trees are awesome!!! Chocolate!! Plums, cherries, figs, lemons, limes, grapefruit, hazelnuts, pistachios, pomegranate, cashews, pears, guava, papaya, nectarines, peaches, mulberries, elderberries, pine nuts, apricots, mangoes, Brazil nuts, macadamia, coffee, olives...

Kindest regards,
    Kantuck
    davest likes this.

Nov 2007
    somewhere between here and there, south of over there but north of that place
    titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
    1032 times
    Chris, try as I might, I cannot find a citation to Twain of that quote. No date, no publication or opinion piece. Could you direct me to a credible source? Many thanks, Davest.

Kantuck, Have you ever watched trees breath? You probably have but if not, it's an awesome experience. I first saw it in the Chugach National Forest, Alaska, 1973. I've never forgotten it.
    Kantuckkeean likes this.
    when you tug on a single thing in nature, you'll find it's connected to the rest of the world. John muir

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    21565 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davest View Post
    Chris, try as I might, I cannot find a citation to Twain of that quote. No date, no publication or opinion piece. Could you direct me to a credible source? Many thanks, Davest.
    It really does not matter who said it,you CAN NOT deny it!

Charter Member
    us
    sprailroad

Jan 2017
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800.
    3031 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaimeteddy View Post
    If I start using electric cars instead of diesel/gasoline cars, will I help in the fight against global warming?
    Not really. Consider the materials and process needed to make them, (like tires), in order to build that car. Better to surrender your drivers license, get rid of your vehicle, and ask others for a ride.

us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    12519 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sprailroad View Post
    Not really. Consider the materials and process needed to make them, (like tires), in order to build that car. Better to surrender your drivers license, get rid of your vehicle, and ask others for a ride.
    Sounds like you want to deny jobs to those kids in the Congo who mine the cobalt for the production of lithium batteries. Sure, exposure to cobalt can cause asthma, pneumonia, and heart and thyroid damage, but the kids can spend that $3.50 they make a day on aspirin or something.
    People need electric cars and cell phones, and those kids need work
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    2255 times
    Prospecting
    We only have solar power here and we went a few years using only headlamps and candles. After awhile we installed a few panels and batteries, controller and all that and life has been better.
    I love my little solar setup and it didnt cost much to do it myself.
    It's surely not for everyone but works great for us for less than $1500. One thing for sure, you need to be aware of power consumption and dont waste power. That's the biggest issue for most people.
    I use all 12v plugs, lights and everything and an inverter for 120v if we need it which is rare. Works perfect.
    It's great when its your only option and theres no price comparison to paying on-grid charges.
    We used to spend $1500 in a year alone when we were in town!

Because of the cost difference it's been an awesome money saver. We will probably spend 1/100th on power than those on the grid over the years and we produce our own power and it never goes out.
    Last edited by Johnnybravo300; Dec 06, 2019 at 12:14 PM.
    Kantuckkeean and Megalodon like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    15308 times
    How to stop global warming...make more ice Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	1777328

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links