Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    us
    Jan 2008
    Black Hills of South Dakota
    Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
    67 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Who gets the Carbon Credit Funds?

Al Gore was already filthy rich. (a big part of his wealth came from mining - his own mine).

B
    "Irony is the rule"

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    22 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.oroblanco
    Al Gore was already filthy rich. (a big part of his wealth came from mining - his own mine).

B
    yup

Conservative Cherokee "WP" (Wolf Pack 4Ever)

Jan 2008
    Louisiana
    Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
    67 times

Small correction.

Al Gore is and was a Daddy's Boy.
    Daddy's Boy=One who had all given or passed down to him, not earned or deserved but due to birth privileged.
    (RED NECK DICTIONARY)

us
    Jan 2008
    67 times

another correction -

Gore made lots of his own money - "BEFORE An Inconvenient Truth"

Al Gore was NOT a beneficiary of the family money (a fact you may easily find out if you read his financial documents that was released when he was running for prez), nor did Gore profit from the long run in the bull market bubble (he thought it was a bubble - who'da thunk it), he had no 'blind trusts' or even a mutual fund.

Yet - the Gore's had assets in the 1.5 to 1.7 million dollar range in 1995, and lower (about a million) a few years later.

He did have his mining, and he got 1.1 million from his book "Earth in the Balance" - but they also have 9 charities that they give to - a point overlooked when they reported that the Gore's only listed a few thousand dollars - they do not "write-off" their charitable contributions.

So, what they have - they have because of themselves. (we won't even mention the fact that he donated his noble "prize" money, too.

B
    "Irony is the rule"

Oct 2003
    St. Louis
    Tesoro Tejon/Minelab Safari/Minelab Excalibur2
    26 times
    Banner Finds (1)

For sure, your a Republican.

Why do Republicans all think the greenhouse effect is a bunch of bull.

Talking of credits. I worked as a Boilermaker for 35 years and worked at power houses who were putting out the pollution. Yes, there are credits. Power companies can sell their credits to other power companies. Power companies that do little polluting receive credits and then sell their credits to other companies. These credits allow dirty power plants to pollute. I know this for a fact, I was in the field for 35 years. This was all conceived by the Republicans so the power houses could make more money.

Why don't you all get off Al Gore's butt. He won a nobel peace prize plus an academy award. Bush and Cheney were nothing but two idiots who won a fixed election that Gore should have won. They are both disgraced, McCain acted like Bush was the plague, as did most other Republicans up for election in 2008.

I can say for sure that at a local power plant near St. Louis, the Portage Des Sioux power plant, was due to start building scrubbers to clean up the emissions. This job was due to start in the year 2000. Just as soon as Bush crookedly won the election, with the help of his brother, Ameren, the utility company cancelled the job. It is now under construction.

Anyone who does not believe in the greenhouse effect is a fool. Yes, there is a natural cycle that is there whether man is on this planet or not, but it is feeling the effects of pollution. After Sept. 11th, and the planes stopped flying for a few days the average daily temperature fell a few tenths of a degree and this was noted by scientists and it was also a program on Nova on PBS. That was just from the pollution from the jet exhaust. When the planes started flying again the temperature again rose.

I won't be back to this part of the forum no matter what.

Conservative Cherokee "WP" (Wolf Pack 4Ever)

Jan 2008
    Louisiana
    Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
    67 times

AND THIS IS WHY I DO NOT WASTE MY TIME ARGUEING WITH LIBERAL.

IT IS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND ENERGY.

THEY KNOW THE TRUTH BUT THE TRUTH DOES NOT FIT THEIR AGENDA.

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    22 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by jhettel
    For sure, your a Republican.

Why do Republicans all think the greenhouse effect is a bunch of bull.

Talking of credits.  I worked as a Boilermaker for 35 years and worked at power houses who were putting out the pollution.  Yes, there are credits.  Power companies can sell their credits to other power companies.  Power companies that do little polluting receive credits and then sell their credits to other companies.  These credits allow dirty power plants to pollute.  I know this for a fact, I was in the field for 35 years.  This was all conceived by the Republicans so the power houses could make more money.

Why don't you all get off Al Gore's butt.  He won a nobel peace prize plus an academy award.  Bush and Cheney were nothing but two idiots who won a fixed election that Gore should have won.  They are both disgraced, McCain acted like Bush was the plague, as did most other Republicans up for election in 2008.

I can say for sure that at a local power plant near St. Louis, the Portage Des Sioux power plant, was due to start building scrubbers to clean up the emissions.  This job was due to start  in the year 2000.  Just as soon as Bush crookedly won the election, with the help of his brother, Ameren, the utility company cancelled the job.  It is now under construction.

Anyone who does not believe in the greenhouse effect is a fool.  Yes, there is a natural cycle that is there whether man is on this planet or not, but it is feeling the effects of pollution.  After Sept. 11th, and the planes stopped flying for a few days the average daily temperature fell a few tenths of a degree and this was noted by scientists and it was also a program on Nova on PBS.  That was just from the pollution from the jet exhaust.  When the planes started flying again the temperature again rose.

I won't be back to this part of the forum no matter what.

Your comments are welcome here on my post - I disagree with you on almost everything you wrote, but I'm not gonna give ya' a hard time for posting your opinion.

Carbon credits, in my opinion, is fake wealth that companies and individuals pay to NOT have to clean up their act - thus going straight into the "Carbon Credit" Companies coffers - Al Gore's pockets.

Do you have a problem with the fact that Al Gore has a major interest (investment) in a zinc mine?  One of the worst pollutant mining operations on the planet?  Did you now he makes at least 20,000 a year from the zink mine?  Do you care that he gets RICHER and RICHER from telling YOU to change to a more expensive light bulb but he dosn't use them?? 

"So what kind of a Zinc Miner is old Al? Well Not too bad for the most part. But there have been some problems. Problems like the presence in high quantity of Barium, Iron, and Zinc in the Caney Fork river. The soils of the riverbank are also showing the presence of Arsenic, Chromium, and Lead with traces of Cyanide. While these are not in toxic proportions they are far higher than the surrounding soils. And far too high for someone who purports to be an environmentalist."  http://www.sweetliberty.org/issues/c...epollution.htm

I don't care if ol' Al owns a zink mine - I just think he outta leave the rest of us alone with his fake global warming scam.  Get out and read more... his Nobel Prize was a farce and his movie was a pack of lies.

In 5 years you'll wonder why you fell for his BS. 

The world population is the total number of living humans on Earth at a given time. As of April 2009, the earth's population is estimated to be about 6.77 billion.  Another SCAM is how we are ruining the earth! Though world population growth has been a global concern, it is technically quite the opposite of a threat, based on current growth trend. Given the proportion of people to land mass, with the world's population being just around 6.7 billion people, Australia could be alloted into 1/4 acre portions, along with a portion of the USA. The remainder of the world's land mass would be uninhabited. Considering Alaska, being the largest US state, it is merely 1% of the world's land mass. The earth is estimated to have the capacity to withstand the weight of around 24 billion people. With the current trend in population growth, by the year 2050 the earth will have only reached 9.2 billion. Even with current population growth all humans could live with 1/4 acre areas in Australia, so over population is a scam.

us
    Jan 2008
    67 times

You cannot change facts, no matter how much you want to, or how many insults you throw around.

B
    "Irony is the rule"

Nov 2006
    1 times

These "Carbon Credits" must be the explanation behind the "carbon-free" sugar being advertised lately....

us
    Aug 2005
    Illinois
    2 times

You cannot change facts, no matter how much you want to, or how many insults you throw around.

B
    There were no facts given. Graycloud did not throw any insults. Jhettel did throw around many insults. Why would you not say anything to him. Why only pick out Graycloud and accuse him of throwing insults. Please if you are going to play forum cop be honest.
    MXT,  and just dumb luck.

us
    Jan 2008
    67 times

Not that I should be explaining this to you, but:

Daddy's Boy=One who had all given or passed down to him, not earned or deserved but due to birth privileged.
    (RED NECK DICTIONARY)

Untrue, as per my other post.

So far, only one of the two has made it a habit.

B
    "Irony is the rule"

us
    Aug 2005
    Illinois
    2 times

Not that I should be explaining this to you, but:

(RED NECK DICTIONARY)

Untrue, as per my other post.

So far, only one of the two has made it a habit.

B
    Sorry but it is true.

Gore owes much of his wealth to his father, the late Sen. Albert Gore Sr., who went to great lengths to make his son financially secure and thus free to focus on politics. Gore Sr. always seemed to have a new business scheme--a trait that his son recalled admiringly in a eulogy at the senator's 1998 funeral. "He owned a feed mill. A hardware store and sporting goods store. A towing and auto repair shop. He sold boats and motors. He had a gasoline station.... He ran a commercial egg production house with 10,000 chickens. He built and operated the first so-called pig parlors in this part of the country," said the Vice President.

Gore Sr. helped his son out by including him in several of these ventures. It started as early as 1969, when Al was home on vacation from Harvard. His father arranged for him to receive a low-interest loan from a credit union, which Al used to buy 20 acres of land--from his father. Along with a third partner, father and son then set up a firm, Tanglewood Homebuilders, which built nine houses on the land from 1969 to 1973. Al had little hands-on involvement in the company but made about double his $40,000 investment in those years.

Then, around 1973, Gore Sr. bought some land near his farm in Tennessee and acquired the right to mine it for zinc. He promptly sold the property to his son, who's earned a total of $450,000 over a couple of decades by leasing the property to mining companies. The mine is now estimated to be worth between $100,000 and $250,000. In another 1970s deal, Gore Sr. sold his son some pastureland from his own farm, then leased it back for $4,800 a year.

So again if your going to play forum cop, play fair...

us
    Jan 2008
    67 times

Oh, now we have changed our post from "no facts given"?

Read #18.

There is much more to Gore's wealth than having good parents.

And, when someone else makes almost every post insulting, I will also comment on his post.

B
    "Irony is the rule"

us
    Aug 2005
    Illinois
    2 times

Graycloud was responding to jhettels post. Graycloud did not insult anyone with his comment. He simply made a comment. You accused him of throwing insults and overlooked jhettels insults. You can attempt to put your spin on it any way you wish, but you accused Graycloud of something he did not do.

us
    Jan 2008
    67 times

You are entitled to your opinion, as I am, to mine.

B
    "Irony is the rule"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsors