Anyone have a Gold Monster 1000?

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

No one has posted here yet but Iā€™m looking in to getting one of these machines. Anybody have one? Can you give your honest opinion? I want to use it for both gold and relics (battlefield bullets, etc).

Thanks,

BrettCo

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked at one in the store, I liked it but they would not let me take it out for a test drive.:dontknow:
I have an Eureka that I like most of the time, after all if it beeps I dig!:3coins::occasion14:

OP
OP
B

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all! I have the minelab Safari and Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s worth me getting this for relics when I hear the safari is plenty good as a relic machine. Thoughts?

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi all,

No one has posted here yet but Iā€™m looking in to getting one of these machines. Anybody have one? Can you give your honest opinion? I want to use it for both gold and relics (battlefield bullets, etc).

Thanks,

BrettCo

I use the Gold Monster all the time but I use it for what it was designed gold not really sure how it would do you for relics but I will tell you I have dug plenty of modern brass casings and a lot of modern lead bullets have dug several lead bullets down to around 10 inches when you get the GM over a non ferrous target it bangs real hard on the target but again I purchased it for what it was built for I also have the X Terra 705 which is one of the first detectors I purchased several years ago and have never felt the need to upgrade the X Terra 705 and have always felt it is one of the most under rated detectors on the market. I also have a AT Pro which I do not care for much and have always felt was way over rated even though I have found some good finds with it me and the AT Pro just never meshed and I am not saying its a bad detector just that I personally do not care for it,if I were in the market for another detector rite now I would have to wait for the new mine lab the Equinox to hit the market but that's just my opinion I love the GM 1000 for non ferrous targets

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks so much for the great response. I have decided that I want to get in to the ctx 3030. I absolutely love the safari, and swear by it. But I want one machine that can do it all (surf, beach, land, gold) and I think the ctx is my Best bet. I want to stay in the minelab family. I believe the ctx will be best for me.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think that the 3030 is not rec for prospecting, at least that's what the local dealer told me.

OP
OP
B

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey clv- not sure I understand.

Thanks

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My local dealer said that the ctx 3030 is not any good at prospecting, and that I should get something like a GMT,
Goldbug, or a Gold Monster.

OP
OP
B

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, that sounds like the advice Iā€™ve been given too. If I had gold beating areas around me, Iā€™d definitely get the gold monster without a question. Iā€™m sure I will get it one day, but until then, the only gold Iā€™ll find (if I find) will be in the form of rings lol.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, that sounds like the advice Iā€™ve been given too. If I had gold beating areas around me, Iā€™d definitely get the gold monster without a question. Iā€™m sure I will get it one day, but until then, the only gold Iā€™ll find (if I find) will be in the form of rings lol.

I would say that my gold recovery has always has been better at the beach than in the desert. I am hoping I will be better in a few more weeks to get out hunting again.
I am hoping the cortisone[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588235294118)] [/COLOR]they are going to inject in my spine will do the trick. I find it hard to hunt while using crutches or a cane, gotta wait until the 20th of Nov.:censored:.

OP
OP
B

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take care of yourself first. Then have fun. Hope you feel better fast!

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've had both Goldbugs and like the Gold Monster better. My main detector is a modded 4500 but in the afternoons the GM1000 is my club of choice.

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a GM 1000, work great for non-ferrous. My only issue with the machine is that it's not waterproof. The coil is, but not the electronics.

wltdwiz

Jul 6, 2008
Arizona
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Minelab Vanquish
Minelab SDC 2300
Minelab Gold Monster 1000
AQUA TRACKER
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
nokta /makro pulse dive
blue nemo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the gm 1000 is a rocking nugget machine it finds gold if its there :icon_thumright:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think that the 3030 is not rec for prospecting, at least that's what the local dealer told me.
Correct! The Minelab CTX 3030 is not sensitive enough for small nuggets. However, the Minelab Equinox 800 is a great all-around machine and definitely sensitive enough to hit nuggets in the gold prospecting mode. It actually hits nuggets pretty decently in multi-frequency mode which is a very good thing!

Of course, the Minelab gold monster 1000 or SDC 2300 is a great option for nuggets as well. Minelab has several models but that even!

Jan 3, 2024
If you are in doubt about how much gold monster you can buy, you won't regret it, it works well in mineralized soil, you need to train your ear to detect gold, when the coil hits gold the signal is different, there is no other signal like it. The device picks up a nugget of 0.3 decimos, I already got it, with the smaller GM 5 coil it is very poisonous and if there is something on the ground it beeps. Good device cost and benefits.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread