Anyone have a Gold Monster 1000?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Anyone have a Gold Monster 1000?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    BrettCo

Apr 2009
    Outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
    928 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Anyone have a Gold Monster 1000?

Hi all,

No one has posted here yet but I知 looking in to getting one of these machines. Anybody have one? Can you give your honest opinion? I want to use it for both gold and relics (battlefield bullets, etc).

Thanks,

BrettCo

clv
    us
    Dec 2012
    santee, ca
    Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Minelab Eureka gold, Tesoro Compadre, and TRX Pin Pointer Have owned; White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro, fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, fisher 1235x, Garret Master Hunter V
    1076 times
    I looked at one in the store, I liked it but they would not let me take it out for a test drive.
    I have an Eureka that I like most of the time, after all if it beeps I dig!
    BrettCo124 likes this.
    Don' ask, Don't tell, just DIG!

us
    Mar 2012
    Spring TX
    CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
    1020 times
    Brett, it should hit well for relics. And the iron reading will help you avoid the nails. We have sold a lot of them mostly for gold prospecting.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com
    BrettCo124 likes this.

us
    BrettCo

Apr 2009
    Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
    928 times
    Thanks all! I have the minelab Safari and I知 not sure if it痴 worth me getting this for relics when I hear the safari is plenty good as a relic machine. Thoughts?

us
    Jan 2017
    East of snowflake Arizona completely off grid
    Mine-Lab X-Terra 705 with three coils 5x10 hf,9 inch 7 mf and 6 inch hf Garrett AT pro
    364 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettCo124 View Post
    Hi all,

No one has posted here yet but I知 looking in to getting one of these machines. Anybody have one? Can you give your honest opinion? I want to use it for both gold and relics (battlefield bullets, etc).

Thanks,

BrettCo
    I use the Gold Monster all the time but I use it for what it was designed gold not really sure how it would do you for relics but I will tell you I have dug plenty of modern brass casings and a lot of modern lead bullets have dug several lead bullets down to around 10 inches when you get the GM over a non ferrous target it bangs real hard on the target but again I purchased it for what it was built for I also have the X Terra 705 which is one of the first detectors I purchased several years ago and have never felt the need to upgrade the X Terra 705 and have always felt it is one of the most under rated detectors on the market. I also have a AT Pro which I do not care for much and have always felt was way over rated even though I have found some good finds with it me and the AT Pro just never meshed and I am not saying its a bad detector just that I personally do not care for it,if I were in the market for another detector rite now I would have to wait for the new mine lab the Equinox to hit the market but that's just my opinion I love the GM 1000 for non ferrous targets
    Last edited by oldkoot; Nov 08, 2017 at 05:58 PM.
    BrettCo124 and Oddjob like this.

us
    BrettCo

Apr 2009
    928 times
    Thanks so much for the great response. I have decided that I want to get in to the ctx 3030. I absolutely love the safari, and swear by it. But I want one machine that can do it all (surf, beach, land, gold) and I think the ctx is my Best bet. I want to stay in the minelab family. I believe the ctx will be best for me.

clv
    us
    Dec 2012
    santee, ca
    Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Minelab Eureka gold, Tesoro Compadre, and TRX Pin Pointer Have owned; White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro, fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, fisher 1235x, Garret Master Hunter V
    1076 times
    I don't think that the 3030 is not rec for prospecting, at least that's what the local dealer told me.

us
    BrettCo

Apr 2009
    928 times
    Hey clv- not sure I understand.

Thanks

clv
    us
    Dec 2012
    santee, ca
    1076 times
    My local dealer said that the ctx 3030 is not any good at prospecting, and that I should get something like a GMT,
    Goldbug, or a Gold Monster.
    BrettCo124 likes this.

us
    BrettCo

Apr 2009
    928 times
    Yeah, that sounds like the advice I致e been given too. If I had gold beating areas around me, I壇 definitely get the gold monster without a question. I知 sure I will get it one day, but until then, the only gold I値l find (if I find) will be in the form of rings lol.

clv
    us
    Dec 2012
    santee, ca
    1076 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettCo124 View Post
    Yeah, that sounds like the advice I’ve been given too. If I had gold beating areas around me, I’d definitely get the gold monster without a question. I’m sure I will get it one day, but until then, the only gold I’ll find (if I find) will be in the form of rings lol.

I would say that my gold recovery has always has been better at the beach than in the desert. I am hoping I will be better in a few more weeks to get out hunting again.
    I am hoping the cortisone[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588235294118)][/COLOR]they are going to inject in my spine will do the trick. I find it hard to hunt while using crutches or a cane, gotta wait until the 20th of Nov..
    BrettCo124 likes this.

us
    BrettCo

Apr 2009
    928 times
    Take care of yourself first. Then have fun. Hope you feel better fast!

us
    Garik Fox

May 2019
    Queen Creek, AZ
    EQ800, GM1000, GPX5000
    45 times
    Metal Detecting
    Love the GM1000! I think every metal detectorist should own one.

Mar 2003
    Oakhurst,CA
    modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
    144 times
    Prospecting
    I've had both Goldbugs and like the Gold Monster better. My main detector is a modded 4500 but in the afternoons the GM1000 is my club of choice.
    "Going to see the elephant"

us
    gravelSucker

Aug 2011
    NY, AZ & NV
    Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike.
    235 times
    Prospecting
    I have a GM 1000, work great for non-ferrous. My only issue with the machine is that it's not waterproof. The coil is, but not the electronics.
    The view is always better with 500 feet of air under your buttocks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links